VMware certifications training helps build the foundation for many IT professionals. It is most beneficial for those working in data centers and virtual environments. VMware training is generally for individuals interested in Linux, Cloud computing, business continuity, data management, and virtualization.
Types of VMware Certifications-
VMware certifications are classified based on the technology it offers:
- Data Center Virtualization (DCV)
- Network Virtualization (NV)
- Cloud Management & Automation (CMA)
- Security (SEC)
- End-Userer Computing (EUC)
- Application Modernization (AM)
Each of these tracks has several levels. The DCV module has these different types of groups:
- VMware Certified Technical Associate (VCTA)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
- VMware Certified Technical Associate (VCTA): VCTA is the entry-level certificate. It is built for operators new to the industry and advancing their careers by working in virtual environments.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP): VCP level certifications are designed for IT professionals who deal with the installation, configuration, management, and optimization of VMWare solutions.
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP): VCAP certification is the advanced level certification in VMWARE. It is designed for professionals who build, manage and optimize VMware solutions. VCAP is helpful for system administrators, architects, and engineers.
- VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX): VCDX is the topmost level of certification in VMware certifications. It is designed for professionals with an authoritative role in designing, building, and optimizing VMware solutions and is recommended for architects.
Is VMWare Certification simple or challenging?
The certification mostly requires candidates to have hands-on experience. Hands-on training and attendance are of utmost importance in the training courses for gaining practical knowledge so that the candidates can excel in the field of expertise. The training courses will equip them adequately for answering the questions. However, passing the examination requires a lot of hard work and attention to the core entities in the syllabus. The certification holds no weightage if the marks are not up to the expectations. Depending on the candidates’ level of understanding of the virtualization concepts, related prior experience, and their level of preparation, you can conclude that the difficulty level of the test varies from easy to moderate.
VMware Certification Benefits-
VMWare training certification enhances credibility and improvement in job productivity. The VMware certification makes the candidates capable of managing complex projects and issues, resulting in higher customer satisfaction. Upon receiving the certificate of this course, the candidates have experienced a surge in their earning power with improved career prospects. The candidate gains expertise in areas like data center virtualization, cloud management, and automation, network virtualization, and desktop and mobility.
How much does VMWare Certification Cost?
As explained above, there are four VMware certifications levels, and each level’s cost is different.
The initial exam, VMware Certified Technical Associate, consists of an online exam that costs $125. VMWare Certified Professionals’ next level of certification consists of a training module and two exams, costing $250 each. The third level of VMware certification, VMWare Certified Advanced Professional, consists of a single exam costing $450.The last group of VMware certification- VCDX or the VMWare Certified Design Expert, is the most expensive. VCDX certification costs approximately $4000.
Does VMware Certifications expire-
No, as per the latest updates in the VMWare certification program, the VMware certifications do not expire. However, professionals can recertify at any stage in their career as per their requirements. The certificate provided by the tech company doesn’t have an expiry date. Hence, it is at the individual’s discretion to recertify based on his professional requirements.
Recognition for your skills-
Individuals who have obtained VMWare training certifications stand out amongst other professionals as employers prefer certifications, certified individuals, and the certification process. You will develop a strong foundation for Cloud management, scalability, and security measures. The candidates will also learn how to use virtualization technologies to simplify IT management and increase their digital agility.
VMWare is the leading enterprise in certifications for virtual environments in the digital space. Virtualization helps businesses reduce costs, reduces the error rate, and creates room for developers to focus on more customer-centric problems. Acing the VMware certification and training will help strengthen the professional’s knowledge of virtualization fundamentals.