A Buyer’s Guide To Help Sourcing Coffee Beans Wholesale Suppliers

Coffee beans wholesale suppliers
coffee beans wholesale suppliers
Spread the love

Coffee beans wholesale suppliers are aware from personal experience that buyers are trying to source green coffee beans. After all, if you’ve never purchased green coffee before, the options available may appear bewildering, and the procedures may be obscure and opaque. We wrote this buyer’s advice on where to find green coffee beans as a result. This details your options and what happens at each stage of the purchasing process.

What Are the Alternatives?

Robusta vs. Arabica

Let’s begin at the beginning. Only two species of beans account for the vast majority of the world’s coffee consumption.

  1. Arabica. 
  2. Robusta.

Around 75% of the world’s supply of beans is arabica, with robusta making up the remaining 25%. Arabica is typically regarded as the superior bean in terms of flavor and applications since its flavor is smoother and warmer.

Although less refined than arabica and having a harsher, more bitter flavor, robusta has more caffeine. However, because it yields a better crema, it is the ideal bean for espressos.

Commercial vs. specialty

Regarding the source of green coffee beans, another contrast is between specialty and commercial crops. Commercial crops are the less expensive mass-produced beans, such as those used by manufacturers of instant coffee, or famous brands from the first wave of coffee.

In contrast, specialty coffee refers to higher-quality artisanal beans. As a grading system, the Specialty Coffee Association offers coffee standards. When it comes to specialty coffee, however, there are numerous variables to consider, including process, growing technique, origin, and roasting or brewing method.

Fairtrade vs. Direct Trade

Another option is to choose between direct trade and fair trade. Although they are sometimes confused, they are quite different and can provide similar benefits.

  • When a product is fairtrade, it is produced as part of a trading partnership that aims to achieve greater equity in international trade. Fairtrade coffee helps to contribute to sustainable development by providing better trading conditions and terms to coffee bean farmers.
  • When a roaster buys directly from a farmer, this is known as direct trade. By eliminating all middlemen, farmers can receive a more significant portion of the profit generated during the manufacturing process, and buyers can have better traceability to the source.

Selecting the Best Beans from green coffee beans importers

The following section of our guide to sourcing green coffee discusses how to choose the best beans for your business. The most important thing is to understand your customers by taking the following into account.

  1. What are your customers’ preferred flavors? Do they prefer notes that are sweeter or fruitier, for example?
  2. What are the most popular methods of preparation? Do they prefer to drink their coffee black or with milk and sugar?
  3. Are you looking for a staple bean to build your brand and thus need to ensure a supply for years to come?
  4. Are you looking for a one-time supply for a special promotion or event where continuous supply is not a concern?
  5. Do you know the retail price your end customers are willing to pay and, as a result, can calculate your price range for green coffee?


Based on your answers to the preceding questions, the best green coffee beans importers will be able to guide you through the available options. The manual will assist you in navigating the sourcing process, including choosing the types of coffee, regions to highlight in your coffee shop, and the kind of supplier that will be most beneficial to your company.

kz lashari

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to receive the weekly Newsletters from our website. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you.