Ooty has named after Ootacamund, also famous with the name of ‘queen of hill stations’. The place has soothing environment, mesmerizing meadows, calm weather, and number of sightseeing places to visit. The uniqueness of the place attracts the tourist and gives a wonderful experience of sightseeing. The place is located near Tamil Nadu is nestled near by the Nilgiri Mountain Range.
The place Ooty is famous for lots of things. Starting from waterfalls to streams, or beautiful forests to the botanical gardens all are located here. However, main centre of attraction for tourists at Ooty are Doddabetta Peak, Annamalai Temple, Rose Garden, tea factory and many such places are there. The most interesting part of Ooty is, it is famous for its Chocolates found there, which could not be found on any other parts of India.
Reaching to Ooty, if one plan it for Road Trip then there are many ways to reach. However, it takes time duration of 6-7 hours to reach Ooty by Road. One can choose either self-drive or can book taxi or can cover the whole distance through their bike. There are also direct buses that are available for reaching Bangalore to Ooty tour package from KSRTC and private buses. The tickets of these buses costs near about 900 INR, however booking tickets online will provide several discounts.
Here are the following routes to cover the distance by Road.
1. Route of Mysore-Masinagudi:
Mysore-Masinagudi route is among the most preferable route to reach Ooty from Bangalore. While going through this route it covers National Highways 275 and National Highways 766, covering total distance of 280km. However, there are several sights that falls on way to Ooty, to have a look there.
Kanva Reservoir: It is minor detour reservoir from Ramnagara. If someone plans to visit Ooty through bike or car, they must visit this place. Here they get an opportunity to experience artificial lakes surrounded by greenery, especially if they visit there during sunrise the view is mesmerizing.
· Ramadevera Betta: Located at distance of few kilometers away from Ramnagara, it is a place to experience all sorts of fun, especially if planning the trip with friends.
· Janapada Loka: The place famous for its open-air museum. On the way to Ooty tourist can stop here to experience natural beauty of the place. The folk type ambiences are found here along with variations of art and craft.
2. Route of Kanakpura- Kollegal:
It is another route to travel to Ooty from Bangalore. This route takes duration of 7 hours by car or by bus, taking the route of National Highway 948, covering distance of 290km. Most of the public transport uses this route to reach Ooty. This route also has few sights to view. Such as:
· Mekedatu: Searching for relaxing spot on way to Ooty, Mekedatu is the best option. Here you can take a boat ride, on clean and fresh water, which will rejuvenate your mood for rest of the trip.
· Chunchi Falls: Planning to reach Ooty through Kanakpura road another option is through Chunchi Falls. The place is famous for beautiful waterfalls. The scenic beauty of the place is something wonderful to capture. So if you are taking this route then do not forget to take camera along.
· Shivanasamudra: It is a small detour to reach from Mallavali. The place is known for its famous waterfalls. This place has attraction due to its natural beauty. One must visit the place, it is quite sight seen.
3. Route of Salem- Coonoor:
Salem-Coonoor route is another best route to take from Bangalore to reach Ooty. It is often called the ‘road not taken’. This route might not be preferable to many tourists to go along, but it will be helpful for those loves to do photography. There are many places to capture beautiful pictures here. In actual, the time needed in the route is little longer, as a result most of the people do not want to take this route. This route takes duration of 8-9 hours to complete the journey through National Highway 44, and is eye pleasing.
· Krishnagiri Dam: The place is wonderful to take halt while going to Ooty. The cool breeze blowing near the dam is something beautiful to enjoy.
· Yercaud: Yercaud is the hill located at the Salem. The place air packed with green landscape, fresh forest and narrow path make for perfect stopover here.