Flutter Vs. React Native app development, is this what, fighting on your head? Well! Both React and Native are the leading market players and served many. However, for untold differences, you might know it from an app developer’s perspective. As at the end of the day, they have to work on it.
In this article, we have dived deep in both app development expertise and bring a detailed comparison in front. So let’s start from the beginning and know them individually from tip to toe.
What is React Native?
Pros and Cons of React Native
- 0.61 version includes fast refresh and fast code
- Developers freedom to choose the solution as per requirement
- Mature platform working on more progressive improvement
- Vast developers community with countless frameworks, tutorials, and libraries
- Easy to learn all though you can use tools, libraries, and patterns
- Close Native app functions but not the same
- Developers’ freedom is both cons and pro
- Apps are bigger than Native ones although Facebook is working on the reduction
- Breakable UI but still it upgraded on every update and happens very rarely
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a comprehensive app development kit that is filled with tools and widgets. It enables cross-platform app development for attractiveness, natively-compiled for all mobile, desktop, web. However, it’s still in the development stage and currently available on technical preview only. This app development technology launched by Google in December 2018 in Google I/O.
Pros and Cons of Flutter
- Two or more than two applications can be created via one codebase
- 50% less testing
- Faster apps without hanging and cutting
- Attractive designs
- Perfect choice for MVPs
- Handy app development due to its fast coding
- Small size of the developer community
- Support is not good as it has to be
- Without Google support, the platform can be at risk
- Applications are bigger in size
Flutter Vs. React Native: The function-rich comparison
React Native App Development
- Native performance- Great!
- GitHub stars- 83,200
- Top app made with this technology- Instagram, Facebook, Tesla, Facebook ads, Skype
- Development productivity- The mature framework has great developer support
- Community support- The time-served platform has grown since the flutter was launched
- Installation- Installed by using NPM (Note Package Manager) whether globally or locally, it’s easy to install
- Flexibility and stability- Directly communicate with native platforms for better user experience
Flutter App Development
- Technical architecture- Skia C++ engine: Often does not require communication bridges. So it uses Skia to have all protocol, components, and channels.
- Programming languages- Dart: A new technology to create Native apps.
- Native performance- Great!
- GitHub stars- 81,200
- Top app made with this technology- Google ads app, Hamilton app for Hamilton musical, Xianyu app by Alibaba.
- Development productivity- The development productivity is about to grow as it has a lack of support
- Community support- Fairly new although it’s growing rapidly
- Installation- Installed by downloading the binary to PATH and then downloading it from source code (The extra step)
- Flexibility and stability- New to the market and offers rich customized widgets
Looking at the above points and comparisons, it’s clear that Flutter and React Native app development both have qualities and lacks. BUT when it comes to developing desktop apps, Flutter API is still in the development stage. Other than that, React Native also has the advantage of being a veteran app development framework with more expertise.