Yes Sri Lanka visas for us citizens need bank statements and have very few Sri Lanka travel restrictions. Any foreigner from the US who has a Sri Lanka tourist visa for us citizens can visit Sri Lanka will have a wonderful time, especially visitors from diverse cultures like Americans. Citizens of the United States cannot visit Sri Lanka without a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Tourists may apply for an ETA, however business travelers must obtain their visas from the Sri Lanka Consulate prior to their arrival. This makes Sri Lanka a worthwhile travel option, especially given the simplicity of obtaining a visa for Sri Lanka for Americans.
How to Apply
The process below shows how to apply for Sri Lanka visa for us citizens:
The applications can be delivered manually to the consular section of the Consulate General. The applicants must be present in person when submitting their applications. There are a few Sri Lanka travel restrictions for US citizens. The Consular Division is open from 9.00 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Friday (except for officially recognized public holidays).
Visa on arrival in Sri Lanka for US citizens
Does sri lanka have on arrival visa for us citizens? When they arrive in Sri Lanka, holders of US passports are entitled to obtain a visa on arrival. They should be aware that the sole place to receive this entry document is at Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport. It also requires standing in line for several hours, sometimes following an extended flight.
Sri Lanka Visa Requirements
There are some visa requirements for US citizens for Sri Lanka:
· You must have a passport that is valid for at least another six months after the date of entrance in order to obtain a visa for Sri Lanka.
· You have the resources to support yourself during your stay.
· You’ve provided evidence that you’ll depart and follow Sri Lanka travel restrictions before the allotted period has passed (e.g. a flight ticket).
· You are in possession of the paperwork required to support your trip’s objective. A letter of invitation from a business, for instance, if you’re going on business.
· The embassy you are applying to will inform you of the paperwork you need to provide if you are seeking a residency or long-term visa for Sri Lanka.
Visa required to enter Sri Lanka
A visitor may request a visa extension if they plan to stay in Sri Lanka for longer than 30 days. In the first instance, the Short Visit visa may be extended for up to 90 days from the arrival date and for an additional 90 days in the second instance. Does Sri Lanka require a visa for us citizens? US citizens can visit Sri Lanka with just this electronic travel permit and without a visa. Fully accessible online is the Sri Lanka Electronic Travel Authorization, or ETA. There are no Sri Lanka travel restrictions or requirements for US passport holders to make an appointment at an embassy or consular office.