In an Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), equal amounts are contributed by the employer and the employee to savings that you can access at retirement or after changing jobs. For October 1st through December 31st, 2021–2022, the interest rate that applies to EPF contributions is 8.1%. You can perform the EPF balance check on a mobile number. You simply need to do a UAN login to check your PF balance.
There are several ways to check your EPF balance on a mobile number. You can do a UAN login online to check your balance or via SMS, Call, and UMANG app.
How To Check Your PF Balance Via SMS?
Table of Contents
Once your KYC information has been integrated with the UAN, proceed as follows:
- Send an SMS to 7738299899, a mobile number.
- “EPFOHO UAN ENG” will be used to send the message.
- You must set your preferred language for communication in the SMS. Type in the first three letters of your chosen language. Use the first three letters of the word English, i.e., EPFOHO UAN ENG, if you want to receive updates in English.
Enter EPFOHO UAN MAR if you want to receive message updates in Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, English, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, and Bengali are all supported languages for this service. Following the above steps, you can do an EPF balance check on your mobile number through SMS.
That is one of the ways to check your PF balance without a UAN login. Other ways include –
How To Check Your PF Balance Via Missed Call?
By placing a missed call from your registered mobile number to the authorised phone, you can find out your EPF balance. This service is only accessible after your UAN and KYC information have been integrated. You can ask your employer for assistance if you cannot do this.
Follow the instructions below once your KYC information has been integrated with the UAN:
- Send a missed call from your registered mobile number to 011-22901406.
- After a missed call, you will receive an SMS containing your PF information.
So, that’s how you can do an EPF balance check on your mobile number without a UAN login.
How To Check Your PF Balance Via UMANG/EPFO App?
You must confirm that you have activated your UAN to view the EPF balance on the Umang/EPFO app. The procedure to check the EPF balance on a mobile number through either of these applications is as follows:
- You need to click on “Member” and go to “Balance/Passbook” after downloading the app.
- You must then enter the Universal Account Number and registered mobile number.
- Next, you will use the registered mobile number to verify your UAN. You can view your EPF balance after all the information has been verified. It will present an error message to the employee if any discrepancy in the details is being verified.
How Do You Check Your EPF Balance Online On The EPFO Portal?
You can also view the PF balance by opening the PF passbook after a UAN login to the Unified Portal using your UAN and password. You can also see the PF contributions for various fiscal years.
You can check your EPF balance on your mobile on the portal by following these steps:
- Sign in to the EPFO website at epfindia.gov.in/site en/index.php.
- Select “Our Services,” then “For Employees,” from the drop-down menu. Locate “Member Passbook” in the “Services” section.
- After the redirect, the portal will take you to a new website, passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp.
- You should perform the UAN login on this page to check your PF balance.
Therefore, these were some of the methods to check your EPF balance on your mobile number. You can follow the steps and check your balance in a few minutes!
Read Also: Tips to improve your CIBIL score