Are you having problems with your Netgear router login? Are you having problems with your router’s website Routerlogin.net? We will walk you through the 5 steps to set up your router and extender in just 9 minutes.
Let’s get started.
Wait, have you reviewed all prerequisites before starting the setup process? You can check the list below if you haven’t.
Prerequisites to the Netgear router set-up:
This is everything you need to Netgear www.routerlogin.net Setup.
- An internet connection that is reliable and stable: To avoid interruptions during setup, your internet connection should be reliable and stable.
- A modem, and of course, a compatible Netgear router.
- Login smart Wizard with Router’s Credentials: Without these credentials, you will not be able login to the portal for your router setting.
- An Ethernet cable and a LAN cable: The Ethernet cable will connect the modem to the Router, while the LAN cable will pair the computer to the router.
These are the prerequisites you need to meet before you can begin the setup process. Let’s now get started with the actual setup.
These are 5 easy steps to set up your router quickly and easily
Table of Contents
Now, it’s time for you to configure your router. Let’s get started.
- Step 1: Unboxing and connecting the router.
First, unbox the router. Next, connect the router to your computer using the Ethernet cable. The Ethernet cable can also be used to establish a connection between the Modem and router.
Tip: Make sure your connections are tight. Otherwise, you might have connectivity problems. Make sure they are all properly connected to the power source.
- Step 2: Power cycle them all
Next, power cycle each device – router, modem and computer. Simply plug them into the power supply, and wait for about 30 seconds.
After that, plug in the power cable. It might take some time before it boots up again, so be patient.
- Step3: Go to the Setup Wizard by opening the routerlogin.net
Open any one of your web browsers, such as “Google Chrome”, Mozilla Firefox”, Safarii or Internet Explorer. In the address bar, type “192.168.1.1“. This is the Router’s IP Address.
Wait for the router login page on your browser to appear. You will now need to enter your Router’s credentials – “SSID”, and password. You can contact netgear support if Routerlogin.net not working.
You can also request a hard reset. After entering your password and user name, you’ll be taken to the router’s settings. Click on “Setup wizard”
Tip- Your router credentials are case sensitive.
- STEP4: Follow the instructions on-screen
You will need to carefully follow the instructions once you have entered the setup wizard. “Do you want the Smart Setup wizard try to detect the type and connection?”
This is where you need to follow your preference. You must not alter your default settings unless your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has provided you with the details.
- Step 5: Verify the live status
Last but not least, check if the setup was successful. Navigate to the “Router status” section of the smart setup wizard.
Pay attention to the IP address field. If the field is blanked, or filled with zeros it means that your setup didn’t work. If that happens, netgear support is available 24 hours a day.