Last updated on October 29th, 2022 at 01:29 pm
Taxis are an integral part of our life. With the evolution of the internet, many online cab companies are available, with which you can book taxis. Two of those famous companies are Uber and Lyft.
They are budget-friendly and tidy as compared to traditional taxis. But have you ever wondered what would happen if you got injured while traveling in these cabs? Or if you get hit by these rideshare cabs while crossing the street? The right thing to do in this situation is to hire the best Attorney in Fort Lauderdale for Uber and Lyft Injury Accidents.
Why should you hire an Attorney?
Attorneys have the most acceptable legal representation. They know the current laws and the method required to negotiate with the involved parties. Due to injury, you may have a long list of medical bills and be unable to work. They take care of everything so you can concentrate on recovering your health.
What should you do as a passenger?
The first question that comes to your mind is what you should do if you are involved in a rideshare accident as a passenger in a cab. In such case, you should do the following things-
- Prioritize safety and ensure that the vehicle should drive within the speed limit and moves through a safe area away from the traffic. Check that the driver should not be drunk or driving recklessly. In case of any accident, check for injuries right away.
- Contact the hospital and police authorities. Call an ambulance right away if anyone is seriously injured. Also, file a police report because it is crucial if you want to pursue legal action.
- Gather evidence like information about the driver, license number, information about insurance, witnesses, and photographs of visible injuries and damaged vehicles.
- Talk to a lawyer to get advice on legal options. Since they know about dealing with such conditions, they provide the best solutions.
What should you do as a pedestrian?
If you are struck by a rideshare vehicle or while driving your vehicle, miami unique limousine you have the same rights as a passenger who is injured in the accident. You need to follow the suggestions given in the above section. Immediately seek medical care and contact an attorney. Safety should be your priority.
What should you do as a driver of the taxi?
If you are injured in an accident that was not your mistake while driving for the company, you should contact an attorney immediately. They know laws regarding rideshare accidents. Therefore, they will stand up for your rights. Also, they will assure you that to receive the reimbursement you deserve.
Need to seek medical aid
Many victims feel the pain and symptoms days after an accident, but afterward, they feel sudden discomfort and severe pain. A paper trail of medical treatment and bills is the most powerful evidence you can present for a rideshare accident trial in court. That’s why you should never underestimate the need to take medical treatment after an accident.
Compensation is provided for two types of damages-
- Economic Damages– These can be calculated by adding the expense to arrive at a fixed amount. It includes medical bills, lost income, property damage, loss of earning capacity, etc.
- Non-economic Damages– There is no specific formula to calculate, but it includes pain, suffering, trauma, emotional distress, disability, physical impairment, permanent disfigurement, etc.
When an accident involves reputed rideshare companies, those are pretty difficult for an ordinary citizen to navigate. That’s why the attorneys of this firm are up to date on everything related to ride-share companies and aware of all the recent changes made in the law.
They handle your accident claim while focusing on your recovery. You don’t have to worry about the expenses because you don’t have to pay unless you win the case. Thus, they fight for your rights and the remuneration you are entitled to.