Baking soda is one of those items that are always in our house, and the truth is we probably already know how to use it to clean. Learn more about some simple ways you can use baking soda to maintain your home’s cleanliness without spending hours scrubbing cream scum off your windows or scouring cupboard crevices.
Baking soda is effective at removing grease, oil, and soap scum from surfaces. It also has a degreasing effect, which can help get rid of stains. For general House cleaning services, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 3 gallons of water and use as needed. For tougher messes, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to the mix.
How to Clean with Baking Soda
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think of baking soda as a cleaning agent. But this cheap and common ingredient can be surprisingly effective when used in the right way. Here are four easy steps to help you clean with baking soda:
1. Start by sweeping or scrubbing the floor to remove any loose debris.
2. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to a bucket or laundry tub, and fill it with water.
3. Pour a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar into another bucket or container, and add enough baking soda to make it slosh around. Wet the area you want to clean, sprinkle the baking soda on top, and scrub with your hands or a sponge.
4. To get tough stains, try using a toothbrush with baking soda mixed in – just be sure to wear gloves!
Why use Baking Soda
One of the most versatile and often-used Residential cleaning services supplies around the house is baking soda. Here are four good reasons why you should start using it more frequently in your House cleaning services routine:
Baking soda is effective at removing oil and grease stains.
It’s also a great natural deodorizer.
It leaves a clean, fresh smell in the home.
Baking soda is non-toxic and safe to use on all surfaces.
The Benefits of Baking Soda as a Cleaning Agent
Baking soda is a versatile cleaner that can be used in a variety of ways around the home. Here are five of the most common:
1. Clean kitchen counters and surfaces. Dissolve baking soda in water, then wet your hands and scrub surfaces clean.
2. Remove grease and food residue from stovetops, cooktops, and other cooking areas. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda with enough warm water to create a paste, then apply to the surface and scrub with a brush.
3. Wipe down hard-to-reach places in the kitchen, like under cabinets and behind appliances. Sprinkle baking soda on a cloth or paper towel, then use it to wipe down surfaces.
4. Remove stains from clothes by mixing 1/4 cup of baking soda with 2 cups of cool water, then spraying on the stain and wiping away with a cloth or paper towel.
5. Unclog drains by pouring 1 cup of boiling water into a bowl full of baking soda, wait 10 minutes, then pour the mixture through the drain.
Tips for Effective Cleaning
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to clean your home, baking soda is a great option. Here are some tips for using baking soda to clean your home:
1. Start by dusting your furniture and floors with a light layer of baking soda.
2. Wipe down any spills or smears with a cloth towel.
3. Scrub dirty surfaces with a damp cloth.
4. Rinse off the cleaning solution with cool water and pat dry.
House cleaning services are never an easy task, but they can be made a lot easier with the help of baking soda. Here are some house-cleaning tips using baking soda to make your job a little bit easier:
-Scrub surfaces with a cloth soaked in baking soda and water
-Wipe down hardwood, tile, and granite floors with a sponge dampened in baking soda mixed with water
-Rinse dishes and pans with warm soapy water and add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle
-To clean walls, ceilings, and any other surface where dirt or dust accumulates, mix 1 cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of baking Soda together. Spray the mixture on the surface to be cleaned then scrub lightly with a brush.