If you are looking to purchase a second-hand Ford vehicle, it’s important to check the Ford history. One way to do this is to carry out a Ford truck vin search. In this article, we have explained how you can check your Ford historical records by simply carrying out a simple VIN search using a decoder.
Using a Ford VIN Decoder has so many benefits, some of which include checking the basic data of a Ford car prior to purchase. A Ford VIN also checks for the vehicle’s build to know the matching parts in the event of repair or replacement.
There are hundreds of VIN decoders on the market, so you need to choose a decoder that meets your automotive needs. One VIN decoder that you will enjoy using is VinPit. VinPit has everything you need to verify the status of a car before making any purchase commitment.
Let’s see how to carry out a VIN search using VinPit.
Why Do I Need My Ford VIN Number?
Table of Contents
There are so many reasons to get your Ford VIN handy, including
- To eliminate the doubt of buying a damaged or stolen Toyota vehicle. Except if you plan on buying a brand new vehicle, there are chances that you may purchase a damaged or defective second-hand vehicle. A VIN search will help you to eliminate the doubt of buying a stolen or damaged vehicle
- To determine whether the Toyota VIN provided by a seller or dealer is fake, clone, or original.
- To determine the match parts and accessories of your Toyota vehicle.
- To know your vehicle history and recall checks
Where Can I Find My Ford VIN number?
The Ford manufacturer printed the VIN number on different locations in the vehicle. These locations include:
- On a plate secured to an area on the chassis;
- The transmission housing;
- The left-center pillar.
- On the inside frame or jamb of the driver-side front door;
- The dashboard near the base of the windscreen (driver’s side);
- At the base of the windshield;
- In the doorjamb;
How to Decode a Ford VIN Number With VinPit?
This is how to use VinPit to check the history of a Ford vehicle without compromising any details:
- Visit the VinPit official website.
- Enter your Ford VIN number the way it appears on your vehicle title
- Hit the “search data” button.
- Wait for a few seconds to get your Ford VIN decoder results.
The results will capture every detail that you need about your Ford vehicle before making any buying decision.
Checking your Ford vehicle history just got easier with a VIN decoder like VinPit. Before you make any attempt to purchase a second-hand Ford vehicle, we recommend that you use VinPit to check the historical record of a vehicle and to also know whether or not the vehicle has been involved in an accident. A VIN decoder like VinPit will also help you confirm the true worth of your vehicle before entering into a purchase agreement with dealers.
Frequently asked questions
How do I know if my Ford has a recall history?
The only way to know if your Ford vehicle has a recall is to decode your VIN number. Enter the 17 digits VIN number into a VIN decoder and your car history would be displayed on your screen.
What does the 8th digit in a Ford VIN number mean?
Remember, a Ford vehicle VIN comes in 17 characters. Characters in positions number 4 through 8 represent the vehicle’s model, restraint system, body type, engine code, and transmission type. Character number 9 stands for the check digit, which is used to trace fake VINs.
Is it safe to share my Ford’s VIN?
Of course, it’s safe to give out your Ford VIN. The person you are sharing the number to cannot do anything with the number. It is only the security agencies that can use the number to track down a stolen vehicle. So, when your vehicle has been stolen or is involved in an accident, you can give out your ford VIN number to the security agencies to enable them to carry out their investigations to come to a logical conclusion.