How Does Football Betting Work?

Whether you want to bet the fun or just once become a professional better the the first step is to understand how betting works.
Whether you want to bet the fun or just once become a professional better the the first step is to understand how betting works.

Whether you want to bet the fun or just once become a professional better the the first step is to understand how betting works.

Betting works better and involves placing a sum of money on the outcome of an event. This is always known as a wager. If you correctly predict the result of an event, you’ll win, but with the wrong prediction, you’re gonna lose. Most bets are placed with a bookmaker. 

In this article, we will discuss about different types of football betting and how they works. So, let’s dive in!

Process of Football Betting

To understand the football betting process, let’s see what the bookmakers are!

What is Bookmaker?

A bookmaker is a company or individual that estimates the probability of something happening and then offers odds based on these probabilities. The odds can be displayed as a decimal, American or fractional, and although they look very different, they all mean the same thing.

The amount of money you place on a bet is your stake. The amount you win depends on your betting odds and how much you decide to bet. 

If the bet wins, the bookmaker has to pay out your winnings, but bookmaking gets to keep your stake if the bet loses.

Let’s understand this process with a simple example person A plays with person B in a football match. The bookmaker thinks that person A has an 80% chance of winning the game, leaving person B only a 20% chance. 

In this example, the odds from the bookmaker will be like;

 Person APerson B
Winning Probability80%20%
Decimal Odds1.255.00
American Odds-400+400
Fractional Odds1/43/4

You can choose the best from person A or person B, although person A is more likely to win. You’ll earn more money if you bet on the person they win.

Types of Football Betting

Based on the types of football bettings, the process also varies to some extent. Football betting has styles like a parlay, Moneyline, straight, prop, and future bet. Here is a better explanation of what these types are;

1.     Parlay Bets

Parlay bets are about picking multiple options at one time. To win the parlay betting, you have to win all your picks. So, you might end up getting a lot or nothing. Parlay bets are recommended just for professionals.

2.     Moneyline Bets

Moneyline betting is a very straightforward type based on winning the team. So, you can confidently bet on the strong team on the ground.

3.     Straight Bets

Straight bets are the most common ones in football. These bets include the spread bets (based on numbers), over/under bets (based on overall points), and quarter/half bets (based on mid-half game points).

The straight bets are more about numbers, so you need to pay extra attention to understand how exactly those numbers work.

4.     Prop Bets 

Prop bets are made on a team or individual player’s statistics about how they will play goal and win.

5.     Future Bets

Future bets are like long-term investments usually made on heavy investments. The most popular future bet in football is for NFL team picking.


According to the game type, football betting can be offline and online. Due to the limited accessibility of offline betting games, people are now more into online football betting. Many online sites like แทงบอล are playing their role in the market by providing fast and secure football betting platforms all over the world. 

When you’re looking for information, it can be hard to determine which quality websites are worth your time. This is where our sarfes and loxail informational website will help you; These websites offer their readers helpful and in-depth articles about different topics! You can visit if you’re interested.


Kate Johnson is a content writer, who has worked for various websites and has a keen interest in Online Signals Report and Stock portfolio generator. She is also a college graduate who has a B.A in Journalism. Read More: Fin Scientists >> Read More: Stocks Signals Mobile App >> Read More: Crypto Signals >> Read More: Crypto Trade Signals App >> Read More: Trade Signal Buy and Sell

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to receive the weekly Newsletters from our website. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you.