Last updated on September 3rd, 2022 at 10:23 pm
McAfee antivirus is one of the top security programs and is best known for providing advanced internet security tools. Using McAfee antivirus users can access the files and surf the internet securely. These McAfee plans are available for Windows, Mac, and phone devices. Using this security program, you can secure the device from all threats. McAfee antivirus has yearly (or for 2 years) plans. You have to purchase the McAfee plan and then you can activate your plan. After the McAfee antivirus plan expires, the tools will stop working. To use McAfee antivirus tools again on the device, you have to renew the program. After renewing the program, you can use the tools on your device.
McAfee also offers an auto-renewal service. This service ensures that the device is always under the McAfee program. Your McAfee plan will auto-renew before the expiry. McAfee will renew automatically to prevent expiry. The plan will automatically renew every time until you cancel it. If you are not using McAfee antivirus on the system anymore then you have to cancel the auto-renewal. After canceling the auto-renewal, your program will not renew automatically.
McAfee antivirus will renew every time until you cancel it. You can cancel the auto-renewal feature of McAfee antivirus on any device. If you have McAfee account details, you can log in to the account on any device and cancel the subscription.
- Open the device and go to the McAfee website
- Click on the McAfee login account
- Provide the login details
- Tap on the Subscription page
- Check your McAfee plan
- Hit the Cancel button next to the McAfee subscription
- You will get a confirmation wizard
- Tap on the Yes button
- Now select a reason to cancel your McAfee antivirus
Click on the Yes button and now your McAfee plan will be canceled. Open the subscription page and now you will see the expiry date of your McAfee program. After canceling McAfee antivirus, you can use the security program without any auto-renewal issues.
How to cancel McAfee auto-renewal and get the refund?
If you forget to cancel the auto-renewal feature and the plan gets renewed then you have to request a refund. Yes, you will get the refund on the auto-renewal if you cancel the auto-renewal within 30 days. But the auto-renewal and refund policies may differ from plan to plan. You can check the refund policies of your McAfee antivirus plan. If your McAfee plan is under refund policies, you can cancel the subscription and request a refund.
- Open the McAfee website and go to your account
- Click on the Profile option and go to subscription
- Now you will see your auto-renewed plan
- Tap the Cancel button next to the plan
- Choose to confirm the option from the wizard
- Select a reason and hit on OK button
- Auto-renewal cancel confirmation message will appear
You will also get the confirmation email on the registered email address. Now reopen the subscription page and now you will see an expired status. Your McAfee plan is expired and now you can’t use any McAfee tools.
Requesting McAfee refund
- Go to your McAfee account
- Tap on the Orders page
- Choose your McAfee plan and click on Cancel & Refund option
- If the plan is under refund, you will get processing status. You will receive the McAfee refund in a few days.
Canceling McAfee antivirus auto-renewal in Android device
McAfee also has antivirus plans for phone devices. You have to get the setup from the play store. In Android, you can’t install the setup from the McAfee website directly. After installing the McAfee antivirus setup, the user has to purchase the license to activate it. If you have to cancel the McAfee plan, you need to use the Play Store.
- Open your Android phone and go to Play Store
- Click on Payments & Subscriptions option
- Tap on Subscriptions
- You will get the list of subscribed apps
- Choose McAfee antivirus from the list
- Scroll down and select the Cancel button
- You will get a confirmation option
- Choose Confirm and tap the OK button
Your auto-renewal of the McAfee antivirus plan will be disabled. Now you can use the McAfee antivirus plan till the given expiry date.
Cancel your McAfee auto-renewal on iOS
You can install your McAfee plan on iOS using the App store. Don’t try to install McAfee from its website. If you have installed and purchased the McAfee plan from the App Store, use the same store to cancel it.
- Open your iOS device and click on the profile
- Now check the Apple ID to ensure that you are using the same account
- Go to the Subscriptions window
- Click on your McAfee plan
- Hit on Cancel button
- Now your McAfee will show a confirmation window
- Hit on Confirm button
- Again open the subscription page and go to McAfee
- You can check the expiry date of your McAfee plan
After canceling the plan, go to your McAfee app and run a scan.
Will the McAfee plan expire immediately after canceling the subscription?
No, if you cancel the McAfee antivirus subscription before the expiry date, the plan won’t expire immediately. You can use the McAfee plan till the original expiry date. You should always cancel the subscription before the expiry date to prevent auto-renewal. Now you can use the plan till the expiry without any worries. But if the plan is auto-renewed and you can cancel it along with the refund, your plan will expire. You can’t use the McAfee plan after requesting the refund.
Renew your McAfee antivirus manually
After canceling McAfee auto-renewal, your plan will expire on the given date. After the expiry, you can’t use any of the McAfee tools. If you want to use McAfee antivirus again on the device, you can renew it manually. You don’t have to get a new setup again or open a new McAfee account. Use the same account and go to the subscription window. Now select the expired McAfee plan and choose the Renew button. Now provide the renewal and billing details. After renewing the plan manually, you can use the McAfee tools easily.