Wigs can be a great way to conceal your hair loss or cover bald patches, but they can also be tricky to keep looking wet and natural. This article will show you a few tips on ensuring your curly wig stays perfect all day long!
Prepping Your Wig
When it comes to curly wig care, it’s important to remember to prepare your wig before every wear. Here are a few tips to help keep your wig looking wet and curly and a short wig that looks real!
- Ensure your wig is pinned correctly before putting it in the hair dryer. This will ensure that the curls stay in place while you’re styling.
- Always use a heat protectant spray before using the hair dryer on your curls. This will help keep the curls looking glossy and healthy.
- Avoid using too much heat on your curls – keeping them around 300 degrees is ideal. Overheating can damage your skunk stripe hair, so take care when styling!
- Avoid pulling on your curls. This can cause them to become frizzy. Instead, gently tease them with your fingers or a brush to create volume and shape.
- To refresh your curly wig after a long day of wear, mist it with a water-based product and let it air dry. This will help restore the moisture and curl life to your wig!
How to Style Your Wig
You can do a few things if you want to keep your curly wig looking wet. First, ensure the wig is kept reasonably by washing it regularly and using a conditioning spray. Second, make sure your style allows the wig to stay wet. Wearing a headband or a scarf can help keep the curls damp and looking shiny. Finally, avoid excessive sweating or humidity, as both will cause the wig to lose its elasticity and become dryer.
How to Maintain Curly Wigs looking wet
Like most curly wig owners, you know that keeping your curly wig looking wet is key to keeping it in good condition. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Make sure your wig is always kept in a container of water. This will help keep the curls hydrated and looking glossy.
- Apply a moisturizing styling cream to the scalp every day or two. This will keep the curls looking healthy and whole.
- Avoid using products that contain sulfates or harsh chemicals, as they can damage the hair follicles and cause your curly wig to look dry and frizzy.
Wigs can be a significant pain to keep looking wet, but there are a few things you can do to help. For starters, ensure a good wig cap that fits snugly and keeps the hair in place. Second, use conditioner on your wig every time you wash it to help keep it soft and conditioned. And finally, take care when styling your wig so that it doesn’t get too dry or pulled out. This will only make the wig look frizzy and unmanageable.