Are you just starting? Looking for a more natural routine? Want to change your way just in time for the change of season? No matter why you’re starting from scratch in skin care, finding the right products for the perfect morning and evening skincare routine can be scary.
You might ask yourself: What is my skin type? What skincare products do I need? In what order should I use them? Do not panic! Please stick with us as we introduce you to the best skincare products.
What is my skin type?
The first step in your facial routine is determining your skin’s needs. The ultimate morning and evening facial care routine takes care of the skin for the long term, balances the functioning of your skin and regulates it so that it does not feel oily or dry.
Still, wondering what your skin type is? Our guide should help you…
- Dry skin tends to be tight, rough or itchy
- Oily skin tends to be oily on the forehead and nose and has clogged pores.
- Combination skin often suffers from dry patches on the cheeks and hairline but has an oily T-zone.
What skincare products do I need? The best skincare products
Everyone’s needs necessarily differ depending on whether you want to create a face routine for oily skin or a dry skin routine. However, there are a few basic products that will be suitable daily for any skin type:
- Serum or oil
Which specific cleansers, serums, oils and moisturizers to choose will depend on your skin type. So make sure you have correctly determined your skin type, thanks to the first point!
Depending on your skin type and lifestyle, you may also find it useful to use the following products daily:
- Make-up remover/cleansing oil (to be used in the evening if you wear makeup every day)
- Toning lotion (if you have particularly oily skin, either all over or in certain areas)
- Eye contour (for mature skin, but it’s a good idea to integrate it into your dry skin routine early as a preventive anti-aging treatment)
- Anti-pimple care (suitable for a face routine for oily or acne-prone skin)
- Exfoliator (for all skin types)
- Mask (for a dry or oily skin routine)
We advise you to use it twice a week! Your skin type will determine the products that will make up your routine: combination, dry or oily skin. Use these products to customize your routine for your skin’s specific needs. We recommend you test all your products before use to keep your skin healthy and happy.
Order of each step of a facial routine: a guide
Before detailing the ideal order of each step of your face routine, there is a general rule. When in doubt, apply your products from the one with the thinnest and most fluid consistency to the one with the thickest consistency.
Skin cleansing and makeup removal should always be done first, as your skin must be clean to absorb subsequent products. From there, you can follow the rule of a successful routine!
Another detail is to let the product penetrate for a minute before continuing with the next one to give your skin enough time to absorb all the benefits! To make things easier, here’s the order in which you should apply your morning and evening skincare routine.
Read also: Your Face in Diamonds: The Power of Microdermabrasion Facial
Morning routine steps:
- Step 1: Cleanse – To ensure that your skin can absorb the following products, you need a clean base!
- Step 2: Tone – An optional but important step! Prepare your face for the following products.
- Step 3: Serum or Oil – Give your skin a boost and protect it.
- Step 4: Eye contour – Stay young by protecting the sensitive skin around the eyes with a medicated cream.
- Step 5: Moisturize – For healthy, happy and silky smooth skin!
- Step 6: Sun protection – No going out without an SPF! Protect your skin from sun damage.
- Step 7: Makeup – Your skin is now ready for makeup! Or to leave it as it is – beautiful and healthy.
- Get Phentermine Online
Evening routine steps:
- Step 1: Makeup removal – Make sure your skin is clean and ready for your routine!
- Step 2: Exfoliate – Twice a week, exfoliate your face to remove dead skin and restore radiance.
- Step 3: Mask – Treat yourself to a mask twice weekly for a more radiant complexion.
- Step 4: Tone – An optional but important step!
- Step 5: Serum or Oil – Boost your skin with nutrients, moisturizers and antioxidants!
- Step 6: Eye contour – Rejuvenate your look for a youthful look.
- Step 7: Hydrate – Boost collagen production with a richer night cream for plump, firm skin.
- Step 8: Anti-pimple treatment – Apply an anti-pimple treatment if necessary and allow your skin time to repair itself while you sleep.
Best skincare routine for your skin type
There is no one-size-fits-all skincare routine. As we all have different skin types, it is crucial to personalize your products and your routine.
Also see: 7 Reasons to Treat Yourself to an Oxygen Facial
Dry skin routine
When the skin is dehydrated, we advise you to opt for moisturizing, nourishing products. Introducing moisturizing products into your morning and evening skincare routines will help compensate for water loss and alleviate dryness.