Are you having trouble discovering the exact same kinky curly hair extensions to match your own hair and your curly braiding hair extensions are all you have? Tired of hopping to multiple hair shops & can’t find the curly texture of your choice? WELL! Don’t worry, you can perm your hair extensions to achieve those flawless perms at home & the result is flawless!
Follow the steps below to achieve the perms you’ve always wanted with your curly braiding hair extensions or sew-in weave curly hair extensions.
Things You’ll Need
- Any kind of human hair extension, eg:- sew in weave curly hair extensions or kinky curly hair extensions
- Hair perm (alkaline-balanced d for tighter perms & acidic balanced for softer perms)
- Shampoo (sulfate-free)
- Hair perfector treatment
- comb (rattail or color brush)
- Hair rollers/Flexy Rods (one size smaller than the desired size)
- Neutralizer (Neutralizing lotion)
- Plastic bag
- Plastic gloves
- Aluminum foil
Things To Do!
- Prepare the surface (table, floor, etc.) by covering it with aluminum foil.
- Put on your gloves.
- Use the sulfate-free shampoo to wash the curly hair extensions, as they are less harmful to your hair & you are already using chemicals, so this will minimize the damage and add moisture if your sulfate-free shampoo has moisturizing properties.
- Rinse out the hair well.
- Apply a hair perfector treatment to the hair thoroughly.
- Comb out all of the hair extensions thoroughly.
- Using hair rollers or Flexi rods, begin curling the hair extensions when they are wet only. Begin by wrapping the hair curler or Flexi rod around the tip of the damp hair.
- Once all of the hair extensions have been curled, begin applying the perm to the hair. The product should be dripped all over the curled hair. Place them in a plastic bag for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the hair well with water while the hair rollers or Flexi rods are still in place.
- Spray the hair with a neutralizer. Allow for 5 minutes of resting time. This aids in the formation of the curls’ size.
- Carefully remove the hair rollers/rods.
- Gently wash and rinse the hair.
- Allow the hair to air dry. You may either blow dry it or let it air dry.
- That’s all there is to it. Curly hair extensions are what you have.
If perming your hair isn’t an option right now, check out True Glory Hair for the greatest kinky curly hair extensions, curly braiding hair extensions, and other human hair extensions that can be styled, and colored, or permed! Also, True Glory Hair has all the greatest products to shower your human hair extension and bob wigs with some TLC! Follow them on Facebook & Instagram for more updates & latest deals!