Last updated on September 19th, 2022 at 10:20 am
Everyone dreams of having healthy and nourished lips. The skin on our lips is considered one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Since our skin is exposed to external influences like pollution, harsh chemicals, and other irritants, it gets drier and pigmented bmw offers dubai.
Our lips deserve extreme care and attention to ensure they stay healthy-looking and soft every day. How can you get them? One of the ways to achieve it is with a long-lasting, hydrating and highly-pigmented lipstick. With so many types of lip cosmetics on the market, one finds it hard to buy a lipstick that is right for their lips.
Therefore, this write-up will help you understand the difference between the types of lip cosmetics like lip lacquer, lip gloss and lipstick and help you to decide which lip makeup product is perfect for your lips.
What is Lipstick?
Table of Contents
Lipstick is a colour bullet or like a colour crayon which is used on lips to give them an even shade. They contain pigment, waxes and oils and add a velvety and matte finish to lips.
A point to note, not all lipsticks possess hydrating properties. Hence, if you are looking for lipsticks that deeply nourish your lips, you can try one of the best hydrating lipstick ranges from beauty brands like Avon.
Their Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick range has a creamy formula and offers a bold matte finish. Furthermore, it doesn’t dry out lips, instead, it nourishes them.
What is Lip Gloss?
As the name suggests, lip gloss adds a ‘glossy’ texture to your lips. Usually, lip glosses come in a variety of shades, but they were created as a transferable lip product to fight the dryness caused by some lipsticks.
What is Lip Lacquer?
Similar to liquid lipsticks, a lip lacquer is a smooth lip gloss, highly pigmented, and non-sticky lip cosmetic. They give your lips a long-wear and sheen finish as they have a thick and creamy consistency. The quality lip lacquers come with vitamins and moisturizing properties built-in, which makes your lips pillow-soft.
After getting to know about the different types of makeup products, let’s discover the aspects which set them apart from each other.
Differences between Lip Lacquer, Lip Gloss and Lipstick
- Texture or Finish
- Lip glosses and lip lacquers are ultra glossy in nature, which when applied to your lips, makes them shine and glisten.
- Generally heavier than the other two, lipsticks impart a matte or semi-matte texture to the lips after application.
- Lip lacquers provide the benefits of lip liner, lip gloss and lipstick in just one bottle. Both the lip lacquer and lip gloss have a built-in lip brush for applying the product.
- Lip glosses come in a tube with a small mouth opening from where the gloss is squeezed out for application. Some of the lip gloss also comes with a lip brush, just like the lip lacquer.
- Lipsticks come in a tubular container and can be affected by extreme temperatures, if not stored properly.
- Lipsticks offer more durability as compared to lip gloss and lip lacquer. Since most of these are meant for long-wear applications, there is no need to apply them again throughout the day.
- Lip gloss and lip lacquer are more prone to drying and may require touch up bmw for rent in dubai.
The three products can be used individually depending on the colour intensity you are looking for. If you want more shine on your lips, you can use lip lacquer or lip gloss as a top coat after lipstick application.
Besides their differences, all three lip makeup products are unique and useful in their own way and can be worn to elevate your makeup look. If you want a high-coverage, colour-impacting, lightweight and non-sticky finish on your lips, you can check out the website of the beauty and skincare company Avon and explore their gorgeous range of lipstick and lip gloss online!