As a new parent, there’s no doubt that you’re overwhelmed by all the things you need to buy for your newborn. And if you’ve just had a baby recently, chances are you’re still trying to figure out how much of this stuff is really necessary. There are so many different things to choose from and it’s hard to figure out which ones will be useful and which ones won’t get used at all. I’m going to help you out with that by providing an essential list of gifts for new parents – including some items that I wish someone would have given me when my first son was born!
The most important gift you can give a new parent is a car seat. Car seats are designed to protect children from serious injuries in the event of an auto accident and should be used for as long as possible, until the child reaches the height limit specified by the manufacturer of their particular seat.
If you are buying a brand-new car seat or going out of your way to buy an infant one instead of borrowing one from another family member, we recommend purchasing one with an anti-rebound bar (ARB). The ARB can prevent your baby from being thrown forward in their harness if they’re not buckled properly, which is particularly helpful if you have other kids riding in carseats or boosters behind them.
A video monitor is a good gift for new parents. It will help you keep an eye on your baby and ensure their safety, which can be especially helpful if you’re not always at home.
- A video monitor is also a great tool to help your baby sleep, especially when they start crying or making noises in the middle of the night. Using one can prevent SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome), as it helps you keep an eye on them while they sleep.
- Lastly, using a video monitor can help train babies to sleep on their own by showing them that when we’re away from them for longer periods of time, nothing bad happens—and if something does happen (like waking up) then we’ll come back immediately
Baby wearable blanket
A wearable blanket is a blanket that can be worn by a baby. It’s made of soft, breathable fabric and stays in place with elastic straps at the bottom.
If you’re looking for a gift for new parents or want to help out with baby-proofing your own home, consider purchasing a wearable blanket for the new baby on your list. This gift provides several benefits:
- It will keep the child warm and comfortable during cold weather months;
- It can be used as a soothing tool if they’re crying;
- It’s an easy way to keep track of them while they’re wiggling around; and most importantly…
- You can use it as an excuse to cuddle!
A stroller is a must-have for new parents. It allows you to get around easily, and it keeps your baby safe while you’re on the go. Strollers are also useful for when your little one is no longer in a bassinet, but an infant car seat or capsule.
There are many different types of strollers out there that cater to all kinds of needs and preferences—from jogging strollers with big wheels and shock absorbers, to lightweight umbrella-style options that fold up easily and fit in smaller spaces like an elevator or airplane overhead compartment (though we don’t recommend flying with your infant).
The best type of stroller for you depends on what kind of things you plan on doing with it and how often. If you’re going to be walking through parks or urban areas where there might be some rough terrain and narrow sidewalks, then a mountain buggy type of product could serve well as they’re built tough enough to handle these conditions without compromising comfort too much (and they look cool!).
However if most travel will consist primarily within shopping malls or similar indoor environments then something more compact would likely suit better such as this Snooze travel crib which comes equipped with its own plush mattress so baby can nap during outings without needing any additional accessories like blankets etc…
Newborn Clothing Set
A clothing set is also a good option as a Gift for newborn baby One of the best things about a gift is that it shows you care. It’s also a great way to settle your own mind and help you feel better about the new baby in your life, especially if you are feeling sad or anxious.
Even though newborns can’t wear anything but hospital gowns and diapers for a while, they still need clothing! You can buy them clothing sets made up of hospital gowns, onesies (special t-shirts), socks and hats that are appropriate for those first few weeks at home. These sets will last until they’re big enough to wear larger clothing items like shirts, pants and dresses.
You may want to think about buying an extra set so that your friend/family member has one on hand if needed – this isn’t something most people think about when they’re registering for gifts!
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a diaper bag. First, it needs to be large enough to hold all the essentials you need on the go with your baby—diapers, wipes, extra clothes and toys (not to mention your wallet and phone).
If you’re going for a backpack style instead of one with a shoulder strap or handles that can be carried over your shoulder, make sure it has plenty of padding so you don’t have sore shoulders at the end of the day. And because most daycares require that parents provide their own changing pad for use at the facility (especially if there isn’t one already), we recommend getting one that folds down compactly into its own pocket when not in use so it doesn’t take up valuable space inside your bag.
- Comb and brush
- Nail clippers
Diaper disposal system
You’ll want to make sure that you have a good diaper disposal system in place. Diapers can be messy, and keeping them out of sight is key for all involved.
Here are some options:
- Diaper genie: A classic option that works well and won’t break the bank. The company even offers a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with their product, which is nice!
- Diaper pail: Another way to hide away those dirty diapers without needing an extra trash bag or bin in addition to your regular garbage can. This option has the added benefit of being able to hold multiple days worth of dirty diapers, so you don’t need to constantly empty it out every day like with other types of systems!
Here are some things you might want to give a gift to new parents
- A car seat. This is one of the most important gifts you can give a new parent. It’s also one of the most expensive, so it makes sense to include it in your present.
- A video monitor. The best way to keep an eye on your baby while they’re napping or sleeping is through a video monitor like the Nest Cam Indoor Baby Monitor, which allows you to watch them from your phone or computer and even talk through it!
- A baby wearable blanket (like this one). Newborns love being swaddled up because they feel secure in their little cocoons, but after a while they’ll start moving around too much for traditional swaddling blankets—so why not try something like this instead? It’s soft enough that it won’t irritate their skin but still sturdy enough to hold them firmly against your body when you’re holding them close for cuddles!
- A stroller (like this one). If there’s any item that every expectant mom needs when she has her first child, it’s probably going out shopping with him/her in tow—and if there’s any vehicle more suitable than another human being then I haven’t found one yet! Strollers come with many sizes and styles so make sure yours fits well within theirs’ needs before buying anything off Amazon without checking first; otherwise there may be some frustration later down road as well
In conclusion, we hope that this article has helped you to think about what you could give to new parents. A gift is not only something that they’ll use now but also something that will be with them for many years to come. It’s important not just because it shows how much you care about their child, but also because it helps them feel less alone in their journey as parents. So go ahead… give someone some love!