Pokémon Ultra Moon is a role-playing video game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming console. It was released worldwide in November 2017 as an enhanced version of Pokémon Sun and Moon.
The game follows a young trainer as they journey through the Alola region, capturing and battling Pokémon to become the Champion. The Ultra version features new story elements, including new Ultra Beasts, a new area called Ultra Space, and a new villainous team called Team Rainbow Rocket. Additionally, there are new features such as new Totem Pokémon, new Z-Moves, and an upgraded Rotom Dex.
Players can also interact with other trainers through various online features, such as battling and trading Pokémon, as well as participating in various global missions.
Features of Pokémon Ultra Moon
Table of Contents
Some of the features of Pokémon Ultra Moon include:
New Story Elements:
The game features new story elements not present in the original Pokémon Sun and Moon, including new characters and events that expand on the lore and mythology of the Alola region.
New Ultra Beasts:
The game introduces new Ultra Beasts, powerful creatures from another dimension that players can capture and use in battle.
The game introduces new areas to explore, including Ultra Space, a strange new dimension where players can encounter powerful Pokémon and other mysterious creatures.
The game introduces new characters, including members of Team Rainbow Rocket, a villainous organization made up of past Pokémon villains from previous games in the series.
Updated Rotom Dex:
The game features an upgraded version of the Rotom Dex, a tool that players can use to navigate the game world, communicate with their Pokémon, and access various features and mini-games.
New Totem Pokémon:
The game features new Totem Pokémon, powerful versions of regular Pokémon that players must defeat in order to progress through the game.
The game introduces new Z-Moves, powerful attacks that can be used once per battle and are tied to specific Pokémon and their unique moves.
The game includes various online features, including online battles and trades, as well as global missions that players can participate in to earn rewards and bonuses.
How to Play Pokémon Ultra Moon
Here are the basic steps to play Pokémon Ultra Moon:
- Choose your starter Pokémon: At the beginning of the game, you will be given the option to choose one of three starter Pokémon. Each Pokémon has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, so choose the one that best fits your playstyle.
- Explore the Alola region: The game takes place in the Alola region, a tropical paradise filled with Pokémon to catch and trainers to battle. Explore different towns and cities, talk to NPCs, and complete quests to progress through the game.
- Catch Pokémon: Pokémon can be found throughout the game world, and you can catch them using Poké Balls. Different areas of the game have different types of Pokémon, so explore different environments to find a variety of creatures.
- Battle other trainers: As you explore the Alola region, you will encounter other trainers who want to battle you. Use your Pokémon’s unique abilities and attacks to defeat them and earn experience points.
- Train and evolve your Pokémon: As you battle and catch more Pokémon, you can train them to become stronger and evolve into more powerful forms. You can also use items such as rare candies to level up your Pokémon faster.
- Use Z-Moves: Once you have obtained a Z-Crystal and a compatible Pokémon, you can use a powerful Z-Move in battle. Each Pokémon has its own unique Z-Move, which can deal massive damage to opponents.
- Participate in online battles and trades: Pokémon Ultra Moon has various online features, including the ability to battle and trade with other players. Connect your Nintendo 3DS to the internet and use the game’s online features to interact with other trainers from around the world.