Last updated on October 7th, 2022 at 03:30 pm
Generally, QuickBooks error code 15270 occurs when you attempt to download a payroll update. Here is an example of a warning message associated with this error code.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15270?
Table of Contents
The QuickBooks Error 15270 may occur as a result of a number of reasons. When updating payroll into QuickBooks, this error generally appears. There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can follow to fix this error. It does not matter if you are not tech-savvy as our QuickBooks payroll help team is available to assist you.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270
- As a result of this error, all active programs on your desktop window will crash.
- The program often crashes your computer with update error 15270 when run in a similar manner.
What Causes Error 15270 in QuickBooks?
- A download of updated files was incomplete
- Settings for User Accounts are enabled
- Browsers other than Internet Explorer are available.
- Having an incorrect program file or a corrupted program file in QuickBooks.
- The updated files are not completely downloaded by the system.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Code 15270
The following steps will help you troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15270. You just need to follow the best three steps to resolve this method:
Step 1. First, turn off the User Account Control (UAC)
In Windows 7, 8 OS:
- The first step is to select the Control Panel tab from the Windows Start main menu key button.
- You can then choose its large icons by clicking on the View option by the drop-down arrow keys.
- User accounts can then be accessed by clicking on the user account link.
- Click on the User Account Settings in that window to change them.
- Click OK after moving to the slider that doesn’t produce any notifications.
For Windows Vista OS:
- First, click on the Windows start main button. The Control Panel can be accessed by clicking on it.
- Give a single click on the classic view located on the left-hand side of the window screen if it fails to select it.
- Double-click the User Accounts icon to access them.
- Click on and turn on or off the user account control.
- In the end, click OK and clear the ‘Use User Account Control (UAC) which helps and protects your desktop and software.
- Your PC should be restarted at the end.
- Your company file should also be reopened after restarting your QuickBooks Software.
Step 2: Update QuickBooks from the main menu
- You need to restart QuickBooks. Click “Install Later” if QuickBooks Update Service appears.
- You can update QuickBooks by selecting the “Help” icon.
- Select the “Update Now” tab on the “Update QuickBooks” screen. To reset updates, choose the “Reset Updates” dialogue box and click on it before selecting the “Get Updates” icon.
- Reset the device by pressing the “OK” tab.
- Upon completion of the update, the “Get Updates” button becomes active, as shown by the “Update Complete” message. The QuickBooks program should be restarted later.
- In the event that the “QuickBooks Update Service” message appears, click the “Install Now” button.
- Payroll updates can be installed again by clicking “Employees” => “Get Payroll Updates”.
- Make sure you have selected ‘Download entire payroll update. Press the “Update” tab to complete the process.
Step 3: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
You can resolve this error by installing and using the QuickBooks tools hub on your computer. Errors can be fixed with the QuickBooks tool hub.
- The first thing you need to do is close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file and save it somewhere you can easily access it.
- Using the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you downloaded, open it.
- Install the QB tools hub by following the on-screen instructions and accepting the terms and conditions.
- To open the icon, double-click it on your Windows desktop after the installation has finished.
The payroll error message 15270 has hopefully been resolved for you. When none of the above methods are able to resolve the problem and your QuickBooks error support agent cannot assist you immediately, feel free to contact our experts and we will provide you with an instant solution.