Recent years have seen the rise of the ideal comfort food, and Panera just may have made it. There’s a new sandwich on the menu at Panera Bread, and it’s a grilled mac and cheese sandwich.
Read more: razelnews
A mac and cheese sandwich, you say? You read that right.
It’s not just hot macaroni and cheese between two slices of bread. In the words of the menu, “Creamy Mac & Cheese with our fontina and mozzarella cheese blend and parmesan crisps on toasted thick-sliced Classic White Miche.” Essentially, it’s Panera’s famously creamy mac & cheese. but served on a bed of fresh bread with a few extra layers of cheese and some parmesan crisps for good measure. We put the new sandwich to the test to see if it was worth the hype.
Keep reading to get the lowdown on the thoughts of our crew and to see the real-life examples of mushy, gushy cuteness that we’ve uncovered! To help you satisfy your hunger, we’ve included a list of some of Panera’s most popular sandwiches.
WHAT IS PANERA?
In recent years, Panera Bread has become increasingly popular as a place to eat lunch. There’s a lot to choose from on the menu, including breakfast, coffee, and the restaurant’s famous soups and sandwiches. When you visit Panera. you can enjoy the comfort of a home-cooked meal without having to cook it. However, picking one option out of the many available can be challenging. This is why we’ve compiled a ranking of the top Panera bread selections. Check out our listings for JIMMY JOHN’S and Subway if you want to learn more about where to get delicious sandwiches.
REVIEW OF PANERA GRILLED MACRONI AND CHEESE
Now that the Mac & Cheese Sandwich is on the market, we naturally had to try one out. If you missed it at the beginning of the month, Panera Bread debuted this new sandwich as a twist on a classic side. The signature creamy mac is melted to perfection between two slices of bread in a grilled Cooked Mac & Cheese Sandwich. The sandwich still smells and looks good when you eat it in person.
The mac and cheese are incredibly creamy and delicious, and the bread has a soft interior and a slightly crunchy exterior. However, the crunchy top-baked bits of the mac and cheese steals the show. Each bite adds a satisfying crunch and nutty flavor to the dish. As a result, you really should try this sandwich. Panera has created the macaroni necklace of your dreams if you share our obsession. This will show the world how much you appreciate mac and cheese.
Similar to the classic grilled cheese, the grilled mac & cheese sandwich uses two types of cheese. The dreamiest carbohydrate creation ever is here, and it’s the perfect vehicle for a broccoli cheddar moment: two slices of bread stuffed with creamy mac & cheese.
Macaroni and cheese made with mozzarella and fontina cheeses sprinkled with Parmesan crisps and nestled between two thick slices of toasted Classic White Miche bread. Take into account the cheese pull! Really consider that! Panera now offers flatbread pizza topped with sausage and pepperoni. Toppings include tomato sauce, bell peppers, pepperoni, chicken sausage, mozzarella cheese, and fontina cheese. With the advent of these two new treats, I know exactly where I’ll be spending my lunch break this month.
Check out our Panera bread promo code to see how much you can save.
HOMEMADE PANERA MAC AND CHEESE SANDWICH
If you can’t get a delivery from Panera, then make your own grilled mac and cheese sandwich at home as they do there. Let’s give it a shot.
- A total of 8 slices of white bread
- Count: 8 Slices of American cheese from Crystal Farms
- 3 cups of heated macaroni and cheese (recipe below)
- A heaping 8-tablespoon serving of mayonnaise.
- Pasta with Cheese
- 2 and a half cups of elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- Approximately 2 quarts of water
- Salt, kosher, 3 tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil, Veggie
- 14 cup Crystal Farms® Butter
- 1/4 cup flour for all purposes
- It takes 3 cups of whole milk to make a
- 1 mug of full-fat cream
- 2.25 tablespoons Mustard with a Dijon flavor
- 1 tablespoonful of black peppercorns
- Salt, kosher, 1 tablespoon
- To make 6 tablespoons Located in Wisconsin’s Crystal Farms Cream Cheese with a Third Less Fat
- Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 3 1/2 Cups
- Crumbled blue cheese from Crystal Farms, 1 ounce
- To begin, heat a large, nonstick sauce pan over medium heat. To get the best results from your oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mayonnaise should be spread on one side of a piece of white bread. To begin, spread four slices of bread with mayonnaise and toast them until golden.
- Spread 4 slices of American cheese on the bread while it toasts, then top each with 3/4 cup of the reheated mac and cheese. The second slice of American cheese goes atop everything.
- The remaining bread is toasted, and then the macaroni and cheese is added. Heat the mac and cheese and brown the bread on the bottom for about 2.5 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with toasted bread.
- Pasta elbows should be prepared in water and brought to a boil with salt and oil. Due to the oil, the water will not reach the top of the pot. The macaroni should be cooled in cold water after being boiled, then rinsed again before being stored.
- To melt the butter, place it in a saucepan over low heat. Blend in the flour and keep stirring for three minutes.
- After adding the milk, stir in the cream, Wisconsin 1/3 reduced-fat cream cheese, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and salt.
- Raise the temperature to just below a simmer, stirring occasionally. Maintain a medium simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the crumbled Wisconsin Blue Cheese and the shredded Cheddar cheese and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese melts.
- Once the macaroni has been incorporated, the mac and cheese can be transferred to a baking dish or a sheet pan.
- Before assembling the sandwiches, uncover the pans and let the mac and cheese cool to room temperature. It has a fridge life of about 3–4 days.
EXTRAORDINARY PANERA SANDWICHES YOU SHOULD TRY
A CHIPOTLE-SPICED CHICKEN AND AVOCADO MELT
Pulled, smoked chicken from a farm that doesn’t use antibiotics, smoked gouda, fresh avocado, cilantro, spicy-sweet peppadew peppers, and chipotle sauce are piled high on a bed of black pepper focaccia. At Panera, the Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt is one of the most popular lunchtime selections. With its smoked gouda and Peppadew peppers, this sandwich stands out as the most tantalizing option.
BLT WITH ROASTED TURKEY AND AVOCADO
Roasted turkey from a farm that didn’t use antibiotics, topped with emerald green vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh avocado, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper on country rustic sourdough. A wonderful lunch option is Panera’s roasted turkey sandwich. Panera’s success, however, was catalyzed when the chain began offering bacon and avocado, two foods that every millennial love.
Read more: razelnews
BATTER UP, TURKEY AND BACON
Toasted Tomato Basil Bread stuffed with oven-roasted turkey breast from a turkey that was not given any antibiotics before it was cooked; Applewood-smoked bacon; smoked Gouda; fresh greens; vine-ripened tomatoes; and our signature sauce. season with salt and pepper. We recommend the Bacon Turkey Bravo, one of Panera’s best sandwiches, which is served on deliciously toasted tomato basil bread. Panera is well-known as a bread-focused restaurant. Those who frequent the business for its fresh bread and tasty sandwiches tend to be very loyal.
CREAMY CHICKEN PANINI WITH TOASTED FRONTAGE
On a bed of peppered focaccia, smoked, pulled chicken that was not treated with antibiotics is served with fresh mozzarella, salt, pepper, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, fresh basil, and chipotle sauce. It would appear that “pulled” or rotisserie-style chicken is becoming increasingly popular around the world. The texture of this dish is fantastic thanks to the variety of textures present. including white and dark flesh, uneven pieces, and crispy skin. The fresh vegetables, chipotle sauce, and black pepper focaccia bread in this fantastic Panera sandwich are the highlights.