Have rotten teeth and thinking of tooth extraction? If yes, then hold on because here is something you can try instead of tooth extraction. Yes, I’m talking about the Root Canal Treatment Procedure that will help restore your natural smile.
In this blog, I have shared some best things about root canal treatment procedures that you need to know about this treatment. Read the blog till the end to learn more.
What is Root Canal Treatment?
Table of Contents
Root Canal Treatment is a procedure to restore your natural smile without extracting the tooth. It involves drilling through the teeth, removing the damaged pulp from the teeth, and then filling your teeth with dental fillings.
Once the filling is done, the dentists/endodontists will seal it with a sealant and place a cap on the top of your teeth. This treatment will help to remove the damaged pulp without extracting the teeth overall. Still, the Root Canal Treatment Cost is more affordable than many other procedures.
It helps to eradicate the bacteria without removing the teeth. However, you can visit the best dental clinic in Chennai or near you for an effective root canal treatment.
What are the symptoms that indicate that you need a root canal treatment?
Here are a few benefits that indicate that you might need the root canal treatment;
- If you have chipped or cracked teeth, you might need root canal treatment.
- If you feel sensitivity to hot or cold, even then, you may need the root canal treatment.
- You may need root canal treatment if you feel pain while biting or chewing the food.
- If you feel any swelling around your gums, even then, you are not allowed to opt for root canal treatment.
- If you have an infected tooth, even then, you are not suitable for root canal treatment.
- If you have a tooth that is dark in color, it also indicates that you might need a root canal treatment for your teeth.
Hence, these symptoms indicate that you need a root canal treatment.
How is the Root Canal Treatment procedure performed?
The root canal treatment procedure is carried on through the following steps;
- At first before starting with the procedure, your dentist first numbs the area with local anesthesia to prepare it for the treatment.
- In the next step, your dentists will place a dental dam at your mouth to isolate the teeth and also to keep their teeth dry.
- In the next step, your dentist makes a small hole in the top of your crown to access the root.
- After accessing your root, you can remove the damaged pulp, tissues, and vessels from your teeth.
- Now dentists use tiny dental instruments to remove the pulp from your teeth to eradicate the bacteria and the infection.
- Once the pulp is removed, the canals are cleaned with some disinfection and shaped.
- After the canals are cleaned, they are filled with a rubbery substance called gutta-percha.
- A temporary dental filling is placed to seal the tooth and prevent the bacteria from re-entering.
- After everything, you can fit a crown on the top of your teeth to make them appear just like natural teeth.
Hence these are a few steps through which the root canal treatment is performed.
What are the benefits of root canal treatment?
Here are a few benefits of the root canal treatment which you should know;
Root canal treatment is one of the painless dentistry procedures that is virtually pain-free. It is performed with local anesthesia, so you may not experience any pain.
Hence it is one of the pain-free procedures in dentistry which you should know.
The root canal treatment helps the spread of infection to the neighboring teeth. Tooth decay can spread to the overall teeth; if not taken appropriate care of, the rotten teeth’s condition can spread all over your mouth.
The root canal treatment helps give a boost to your overall appearance and enhances your looks. It makes your teeth appear just like natural teeth. Hence, boosting your appearance is also one of the benefits of knowing root canal treatment.
Root Canal Treatment also helps to prevent the jawbone condition. With the lack of stimulation, the jawbone starts to deteriorate. But with root canal treatment, you can avoid this condition from affecting you.
The root canal treatment enables a proper bite force and helps you chew your food properly without difficulty. People with a missing tooth may find it difficult to chew and eat food. Hence, with the bite force’s stability, you can eat whatever you want without interruption.
Hence, you need to know a few benefits of root canal treatment.
What is the recovery time for Root Canal Treatment?
There is no such specific time that is permitted. It depends upon the severity of the case of the patients. However, the recovery time for the root canal treatment for the patients would be around some days to weeks, but there will be a mild discomfort that you have to face even after the treatment, which will go with some medications.
But if you experience severe pain and discomfort even after the treatment, you may need to rush to the doctor as soon as possible. They’ll guide you with the necessary steps to be followed.
I hope you find the blog helpful. Stay connected, and see you soon with more blogs like this.
Thank you for Reading till the end!