How would you describe success Future Ready Education at different stages in your life? Would it be sufficient to achieve the highest grades, or get access to the best universities globally for your future career and beyond?
Robotics, automation and artificial intelligence are already transforming the workplace and no one can predict what successful careers or professions will look like in the future.
The exponential rise in technological advancements and changing scenarios of jobs and workplaces clearly calls for students and future leaders who have the knowledge, skills, creativity, thinking and ability to learn and adapt in unprecedented times.
– The Fourth Industrial Revolution
We allow students to take ownership of their learning, exercising agency in their education and life beyond.Our Cambridge IGCSE and A Levels programmes are deliberately and carefully designed to provide students with the opportunities and support needed for personal and collective growth, and the framework within which you can plan, monitor, reflect, evaluate, adjust and showcase your learning journey.
Charterhouse Future Ready Education Learner’s Portfolio – Nurturing future leaders
Students taking the Cambridge IGCSE or A-Levels are expected to participate in a broad range of activities where they develop skills that will be transferable to all walks of life, whatever they choose to be in the future. Their participation and development within the Forum will be guided by our Design Thinking process (WEAVE) and will be evidenced in their Charterhouse Learner’s Portfolio, in readiness for their applications to top universities globally.
For personal growth to occur, the development of the CLP involves real, purposeful activities, with significant outcomes
Here are 7 elements of the Learner’s Portfolio that make it an integral part of future-ready education.
What kind of activities/tasks does CLP include Future Ready Education?
The strands of CLP include:
- Independent Learning Projects
- Career and University Research
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Health, Fitness and Sport
- Life and 21st Century Skills
- Community Service
- Student Leadership
What life skills will you develop through CLP?
Through the building of your Charterhouse Learner’s Portfolio you will:
- find balance: you will enjoy and find significance in a range of activities involving intellectual, physical, creative, and emotional experiences.
- become SPECTRA Smart: embracing the full depth of human intelligence.
- be ‘Future Ready’: equipped with the skills and resilience needed to succeed in an uncertain future.
How does CLP showcase your talent and abilities?
The CLP will provide evidence that you have:
- increased your awareness of your own strengths and areas for growth
- undertaken new challenges
- planned and initiated activities
- worked collaboratively with others
- shown perseverance and commitment to a project
- engaged with issues of local, national and global importance
- considered the ethical implications of your actions
- developed new skills
- embraced the full breadth of your human intelligence Future Ready Education
What evidence does CLP provide to support your application?
- Digital portfolio
- Self, peer, mentor and teacher assessments
- Community impact testimonials
- Certificates of participation and/or achievement accompanied by self, peer, mentor and teacher reflections and feedback
- Activity/Event participation logs accompanied by self, peer, mentor and teacher reflections and feedback
- Records and examples of growth in academic work, skills and SPECTRA Smarts
- Records of Leadership positions held: Job description, goals, growth within the role, accomplishments
- Career Tests, University and course summaries with evaluations Future Ready Education
How do you present the CLP in school?
We will be using Portfolium for the presentation of your CLP. This will be via your personal statement or reference from the school.
How does the grading of the CLP take place?
CLPs will be awarded one of 4 possible grades:
- Not passed
The academic performance of students will be expressed as a percentage at the end of their academic programme and will count with the CLP towards their graduation honour in the ratio of 80:20.
Charterhouse Malaysia – Education for a new reality
Our take on the Cambridge Future Ready IGCSE and A-Levels involves moving away from a traditional education model that focuses exclusively on academic intelligence and the accumulation of knowledge – to one which empowers the students and embraces the full depth of human intelligence be physically healthy and active, and be compassionate and caring towards others.
We refer to these five qualities – connect, notice, learn, move and give – as “Five for Life”, a cornerstone of Charterhouse Asia’s unique education programme. Our school culture and curriculum are designed to develop these core qualities in students. They will be “Future-ready”, having a confident take on the world’s complexity and opportunity.