Silk has incomparable benefits for your body and is a luxurious fabric offering a soft and smooth feel that is pleasant to the skin. It has a luxurious touch and feels, and you can have a good night’s sleep on silk bed sheets.
Silk bed sheets are an excellent investment as the sheets have outstanding durability and last several years. However, various blended materials are available in the market in the name of genuine silk. Thus, you should be careful when selecting silk bed sheets.
Read on to know what factors you should consider when selecting silk bed sheets.
Things to Consider
- Silk Grade – One can obtain information about the quality of silk from the silk grading system. Silk products of the top grade are expensive. Silk grades can be categorized into A, B, and C, and each can be subdivided into numbers ranging from 1 to 6. The highest quality is the 6A grade, durable silk strands with a natural shine.
- Type of Silk – Pure quality Mulberry Silk bed sheets extracted from silkworms, specially fed with Mulberry leaves, are of the highest quality. Charmeuse weave binds the strands into a durable fabric with a soft and smooth touch.
- Weight of Silk – Silk is weighed in momme, and the density of the fabric depends on the momme. The ideal weight of silk bed sheets is 22 momme, and you should buy a product that mentions the silk weight. Else you might end up buying inferior quality silk.
- Environmental-Friendly Silk – To ensure that all the silk strands are free of dangerous and harmful chemicals, look for silk bed sheets that have received the OEKO-Tex Standard 100 Certification. There are no irritants or poisons in the silk.
- Size and Colour Options – Before you purchase silk bed sheets, you should measure their size. A single, double, king or queen-sized bedsheet can be required. Additionally, you must thoroughly examine the stitching. There are other colour options available as well; choose the one that appeals to you and is calming to the eyes.
Good Quality Silk Bedsheets
You might be confused about where to find the greatest silk bed sheets. We’ve researched for you and identified the reputable company Mayfairsilk as a producer of high-end silk sheets. Numerous honours have been bestowed upon them, including “Innovation and Excellence Awards 2022- Bedding Brand of the Year by Corporate LiveWire.” They use silk that is 6A grade in 22 momme, which is the best available. Every strand of the fabric is devoid of harmful materials, according to its OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certification. They already ship to 32 countries worldwide from their UK warehouse and extend their business into the US and the Middle East. Their fabric has hydrating, thermoregulating and hypoallergenic properties. Therefore investing in premium quality silk bed sheets is worth it.
You can visit www.mayfairsilk.com for additional details.