Last updated on February 8th, 2023 at 07:51 pm
When registering a vehicle in Dubai, there are a few things that you should be aware of in order to ensure that the process goes smoothly.
- Residence Visa: A valid UAE residence visa is required for all non-UAE citizens who wish to register a car in Dubai. The residence visa must be issued by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) and must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of the car registration application.
- Car Insurance: Comprehensive business auto insurance coverage that includes third-party liability is mandatory in the UAE. The insurance policy must be in the name of the person applying for car registration and must be valid for at least one year from the date of registration.
- Vehicle Inspection: All vehicles must pass a safety and emission inspection at an authorized testing center before they can be registered. The inspection centers are operated by the RTA (Roads and Transport Authority)
- Fees: There are various fees associated with registering a vehicle in Dubai, including the registration fee and the road toll fee (Salik). The fees may vary based on the type of car, its model, and other factors. It’s important to check the official website of RTA for the most up-to-date information as the process may change over time.
- Vehicle condition: The vehicle must be in good condition and meet all safety requirements as per the RTA standard.
- Original Documents: Make sure you have all the necessary documents and payment ready before going to the registration center, including the vehicle registration application form, the vehicle’s original registration certificate, the vehicle’s original certificate of ownership, and the vehicle’s original insurance certificate.
- Renewal: The registration fee is valid for one year and needs to be renewed annually. It’s important to renew the registration and insurance on time to avoid penalties.
- Emirates ID: To link the car registration with your Emirates ID, you must register your Emirates ID with RTA. This is mandatory step to complete the registration process.
- Rental Cars: If you are a tourist, you can rent a car without having a residence visa, and the rental company will take care of the registration process, and you just need to show your valid passport.
- Transfer of ownership: If you are buying a used car, make sure that the transfer of ownership is done properly with the RTA, and the vehicle is registered under your name.
Table of Contents
In there are several important things to keep in mind when Vehicle registration in Dubai. It’s important to have a valid UAE residence visa, comprehensive car insurance that includes third-party liability, and to have the vehicle inspected by an authorized testing center. Additionally, you should be aware of the various fees associated with registering a vehicle, have all necessary documents and payment ready, and renew the registration and insurance on time to avoid penalties. It’s also important to check the official website of RTA for the most up-to-date information as the process may change over time.