A secret ingredient to successful parenting is using the best parental control app. Parenting can be exhausting, but a supporting tool can ease the burden, just like a supportive partner. For example, parents of a teenager can relate to the difficulties they face when they want to monitor their kid’s online activities.
Therefore, we have researched the most competent parent spy apps present today. They can help you scroll through the digital lives of your dear ones.
List of Top 10 Parental Control Apps:
Table of Contents
There are many monitoring apps on app stores. However, finding an Android parental control app for your children can be overwhelming. However, we have lifted a little weight from your shoulders by finding the top 10 parental monitoring applications.
- Net Nanny:
Net Nanny is a worthy app to monitor kid’s phone. Nevertheless, it is modern and possesses distinctive qualities.
- It has a non-complex setup
- You get competent digital diet options
- It provides excellent app management
- You can customize web filtering
- Very heavy on pockets
- Weak web filters
- No trial period
- No call or text monitoring
We can easily say that Bark is the best spy app to monitor Android. However, it is not just another parent spy app claiming to be the best choice. In fact, Bark implements them.
- Mobile and computer monitoring
- Refined content searches
- Text and Email Monitoring
- Customizable rules according to the time
- Expensive to monitor a single child
- Lack of geofencing
- Insufficient trial period
- Google Family Link:
This app is entirely free. Moreover, every individual app will need permission from parents.
- Entirely free
- Excellent performance
- Well-founded design
- Basic web filter
- No geofencing
- Insufficient in many advanced areas
uMobix is a good, competent surveillance tool. Therefore, you can keep track of everything going on inside your child’s smartphone. However, your wallet needs to be heavy to purchase this parent spy app.
- True-blue monitoring
- Best Snapchat spy app for message tracking
- Call and text monitoring
- The basic plan is limited
- You need multiple subscriptions to monitor more than one device
- Complex installation process
The smart features make Spyic prominent among the rest. In addition, it works in absolute stealth mode and sends the information to a virtual dashboard.
- No rooting required
- Works in secrecy
- Free Demo
- Sim card details are available
- Expensive subscription plans
- Customer support doesn’t reply timely
Qustodio is a name everyone is familiar with regarding parental monitoring. Not to forget, it is a relatively expensive app, but it offers some good features.
- Variety of features
- Call and text management
- Simple web interface
- Multi-platform monitoring
- Relatively expensive
- Incompetent web filter
- Only Facebook and Youtube monitoring
- Absence of Email Monitoring
- Norton family:
Who doesn’t know the famous Norton Antivirus? Nevertheless, their parental monitoring software is as worthy as their antivirus
- Best web content filters
- Option to avail unlimited device monitoring
- Compatible with smartphones and Pcs.
- Straightforward configuration
- Mobile services need improvements
- Target users can disable browser extensions
- Individual app blocking is unavailable.
- Target iOS device gets alerts of being monitored
- Kaspersky Safe Kids:
While we talk about Norton, Kaspersky doesn’t stay back. Its screen time management and scheduling are something to look out for. Also, the Geofencing alerts with live location tracking are fascinating. Furthermore, users get a YouTube safe search option as well.
- Light on pocket
- Maximum attributes are provided in the “free plan.”
- Unlimited device monitoring
- Powerful web filtering
- Slow web portal sometimes
- Many limitations in iOS
- Web Filtering functions in specific browsers
- Lacks Email Surveillance
Although Boomerang lacks some essential features, this app is perfect for young kids. The parents get a timeout feature for apps. Along with timeout, it gives screen time allocation also. Moreover, you can manage calls and SMS. App blocking and permission stay in the hands of parents.
- Reasonable price plans
- Parent’s approval is required to download new apps
- Screen time monitoring
- 14 days free trial
- Unavailable for PCs and Macs
- Some features have limitations on the iOS system
- Lacks Email and social media monitoring
- Complex setup procedure
If you want to secretly monitor your child’s mobile, this app is an excellent choice. All users love the application management of mSpy. Also, you can track the call and text message history as well. Furthermore, GPS location tracking and Email monitoring are other things to look for.
- Numerous advanced features
- Excellent and responsive customer support
- Uncomplicated usage
- Competent customer support
- Package plan for single a device only
- Unrecoverable data
- rooting/jailbreak required to advance features
- Slow updates
Every monitoring app has its own merits and shortcomings. But in this article, we have given a detailed analysis of the top 10 best parental control apps. Hence, we have evaluated all apps based on their prices, installation ease, app management, web filtering, time management, call/messages surveillance, Email, and location tracking.