Table of Contents
The government of Uttar Pradesh has launched the UP Old Age Pension Scheme 2022-23 on 20th May, 2018. It is a mandatory scheme that aims at providing financial security to the citizens of the state who are above 60 years of age. Under this scheme all those who have retired from service, but still remain eligible for old age pension will get monthly grants ranging from Rs 700 to Rs 6500 depending upon their seniority and other factors.
Online Application Form
- You can apply for the Old Age (Vridha) Pension Scheme 2022-23 online. The details of your application will be sent to you through email.
- To complete the process of applying, you need to fill in a form and upload all necessary documents (proof of identity, proof of address and other applicable requirements).
- Once your application has been successfully processed, an acknowledgement letter with details about payment options will be mailed out to you by our system administrator within two days after submission of your application form on our website.
The Old Age Pension (OAP) scheme is a government-administered pension benefit in India, which provides financial assistance to elderly citizens. The OAP is based on the principle of “equalization” and helps fulfill their basic needs.
The eligibility criteria for the OAP are as follows:
- You must be aged between 60 and 70 years old (or above).
- You must live in India (not abroad).
- Your family income should not exceed Rs.15000 per month during the last six months preceding your date of birth or death whichever comes first.
- Aadhar Card
- Aadhar Enrolment ID
- Passport Size Photographs
- Bank Account Details (including the bank name, IFSC code and account number) . The address of your bank must be in India. You can’t open a foreign branch account for this purpose as it is not allowed under any circumstances.
- Bank Passbook/Statement showing your current balance at least once in a year or more frequently if you want to avail of overdraft facility; otherwise no overdraft will be allowed on this application form.* Voter ID/Passbook issued by Election Commission of India or Election Commission State on behalf of District Magistrate concerned.* PAN Card (for those who have applied under Section 87(1) but don’t want to get Aadhaar card).
How to apply for UP Old Age Pension Scheme 2022-23?
The Pension Scheme is a relatively new scheme and hence, the application process is quite simple. There are three ways in which you can apply:
- Online Registration: If you have internet access, go ahead and fill out the online form available on our website. This will take just a few minutes of your time and help us save time in processing applications.
- Postal Application: If you prefer not to use the internet, there’s another way forward! Fill out an application form by sending it along with relevant documents (including copies of Aadhaar card) at one of our offices listed below:
- Bank Account Opening: Do note that bank accounts cannot be opened until a person has completed his/her age pension or after reaching retirement age but before applying for Old Age Pension Scheme 2022-23 list 2020-21
Objectives of the scheme
The objective of the scheme is to provide a pension to the elderly people of the state, who are unable to work due to old age or physical disability.
The government aims to reduce financial burden on families and individuals by providing social security benefits through this scheme.
Benefits of the scheme
- The benefit of this scheme is Rs. 5000 per month for a person who has completed 60 years, and it will be increased based on inflation from the previous year.
- If you are not eligible for any other government pension scheme, then you can also apply for this scheme by filling an online application form available on its official website www.upolds.govt.in or through its app (if available).
- It’s free from all taxes and duties except Value Added Tax (VAT) which will be charged as per applicable rules laid down by Government of India
UP oldage pension scheme
The Uttar Pradesh old age pension scheme is a government-sponsored program that provides financial assistance to senior citizens. It was introduced in 2018 with the aim of providing financial support to elderly people who are unable to work due to old age.
The beneficiaries under this scheme include:
- Senior citizens who are above 60 years of age and cannot find any employment because they do not have any physical or mental disability; or
To apply for the scheme, you will be required to fill the Online form available on its website. The forms are available only in Hindi and English languages. You can download your form from this page. You must submit all required documents along with the online application form of UP Old Age Pension Scheme 2022-23 by March 31, 2022.