Motor vehicle accidents:
It is such a traumatic experience to be injured in a motor vehicle accident. A motor vehicle accident can result in severe injuries, and you can get motor vehicle compensation. Whether you were the driver, passenger, pedestrian, or cyclist injured in the accident, you have the right to claim compensation.
In this situation, it is strongly recommended that you first seek medical attention at your nearest hospital. Here are a few steps that you can follow in a situation of a motor vehicle accident.
- It is important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Contact the Australian police and the Insurance Commission.
- Maintain a record of your doctor’s appointments and receipts.
- Get qualified assistance from a criminal defence lawyer
There can be many reasons for motor vehicle accidents some common reasons are mentioned below:
Table of Contents
Distracted driving is often defined as the activity that divert attention from primary tasks such as talking, playing music, eating, etc. This may lead to such serious motor vehicle accidents. Therefore, it is imperative to remember that if you are not fully focused on the task of driving, you cannot drive safely.
There are more motor vehicle accidents caused by speeding than by any other cause. It happens when an individual is running late or because of something urgent. They decide to drive faster than usual.
In the case of aggressive driving, unsafe driving behaviour is performed with ill intentions and disregard for safety. In such cases, serious injuries may result.
Bad weather situations:
Poor weather or heavy rain can also be the reason for vehicle accidents. In this case it is recommended to drive slowly and always wear a seat belt or helmet if you are in a two wheeler.
In the event of a motor vehicle accident, what should you do?
In the event that a person or animal is injured or property is damaged in a motor vehicle crash, you must:
- Drivers should stop their vehicles immediately.
- Make sure no one is injured and do what you can to help
- In case the accident has been attended by a police officer, give them this information
- Report the crash to the nearest open police station if no police officer attends the scene when the property is damaged and neither the owner nor anyone representing the owner is present.
Common motor vehicle accident injuries:
Here are some common motor vehicle injuries that can happen to an individual if he/she has been a victim of a motor vehicle accident.
- A fracture or broken bone
- Injuries to soft tissues
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- The burns
- Abrasions and bruises
- Injuries in internal organs
How can an individual avoid accidents?
It is certainly possible for drivers to reduce their chances of being involved in a motor vehicle accident by taking preventative steps. Some of these steps are as follows:
- Give yourself plenty of space between you and the car in front.
- Maintaining a safe distance from the car ahead can prevent you from colliding with it again.
- Before you drive, read directions, keep your phone away to avoid temptation, and enjoy your breakfast sandwich and coffee.
- Ensure that you maintain adequate focus on the road to ensure you and others arrive safely at your destination by avoiding driving while tired.
- Ensure that you drive at a speed that allows you to maintain vehicle control. Avoid motor vehicle accidents by reducing your speed during less favourable weather.
How can a Motor vehicle accident lawyer can help?
The highly experienced motor accident injury compensation lawyers help you in negotiating with Insurance Commissions of Western Australia and have worked for motor accident victims in all types of personal injury claims. They will represent you legally in the court. Personal injury lawyers will assist you based on the specific circumstances of your case.