Nowadays, when you request a free quote on any movers’ website, you get an average of thirteen different moving companies calling your phone off the hook, some calling from your state, or your surrounding area, and some calling from across the country. How do you know who is an actual mover and who is a broker, and why should you care?
What Does Brokerage Company Mean?
According to the INVESTOPEDIA.com, a Forbes Digital Company, a brokerage company is a business whose main responsibility is to umzugsunternehmen frankfurt be an intermediary that puts buyers and sellers together in order to facilitate a transaction. Brokerage companies are compensated via commission after the transaction has been successfully completed.
So how does this relate to the moving industry?
Well, just like any other money making industry, the moving industry has “buyers”- the people that are moving, and “sellers”- the movers. Logically, any other source squeezed into the equation is highly unnecessary.
It is fairly reasonable to feel comfortable with what a certified broker says. Though it is extremely important that you understand why they are such good sales people. Broker companies hire very good sales people that are very well trained to sell. For the most, they do not own trucks (nor lease/rent them), and have never seen any of “their” moves take place. In fact, it is highly unlikely that they have any idea of what actual movers really do on a job site! Their job is to sell you a service, just as a marketer can sell any product his clients want- soda pop, clothing designer, car dealers… you name it, they’ve done it. In moving, the service is your relocation. They provide you with an estimated cost for your move. A cost which they can never bind, since they do not know what it is that you are moving, or who it is that will eventually “pick you up”.
Once they earn your business they require a deposit, which is normally much higher than a standard deposit ($50-$150), and put your information (name, phone number, pickup location, final destination, and desired move date) in a database for truckers, and the trucker that has available space, and will be in your area around that time frame will be assigned to your move. They do not background check whoever chooses to pull you out of that database. Furthermore, they do not sign any agreement with the trucker, stating he must stay at or close to the initial price agreement they came to with you. In other words, once you give the deposit, their job is done, and you remain to deal with whoever picks you up. If they have insurance, what type of insurance, if they are background checked and medically checked… all of these and more will be unknowledgeable to you up until the day of the move itself. If you have problems on the day of the move, you may file a complaint. Once they have too many complaints under their name they will “close” the business and simply open a new D.B.A to work under. Is this the best way to start a journey of which you are depositing your entire house hold goods with a company? Hardly.
What is a Moving Company?
A licensed and insured moving company is registered with the government, and much easier to look up. Since a moving company usually owns its own trucks, it will be more difficult for one to close their business and reopen under another name.
A moving company has not only relocation specialists to help you with the process over the phone, but they also have an office, which you may visit, and more importantly a regular staff. This is important because the actual moving process does not take place over the phone, but in your house. You should be able to know who you are allowing entrance into your home, and access to your belongings. People that are background checked, medically checked, and trained to safely pad and stock furniture, will most likely have everything go much smoother than men who are “labor ready”, who can paint, clean, cut, build etc. With a moving company, you get to choose exactly what day they will arrive, since they are always in your area. After all this is what they do. This is their career. Once the move is complete and even years after, you will still be able to call back and speak to the same company that has taken care of you since the beginning, since no third party was ever brought into the process.
Because of these reasons and many more, you should highly consider eliminating brokers when first discussing your move with professionals. Think about it this way, would you trust a daycare with your child simply because they had an open spot? Or would you rather select a day care yourself, after visiting it, seeing it, learning and feeling comfortable with what the day care that you choose hasto offer?
We Provide moving services, we located in Las Vegas and will serve you nationwide. Triple7Movers movers company offers movers and storage services.
Moving Company Tips to Help You Choose the Right Company
Moving is a big job for anyone to handle and that is why so many people decide to hire a moving company to help make the move easier. Before you can hire a moving company there are some essential moving company tips that you need to know so you can be 100% sure you are hiring the right one.
Not hiring the right company can lead to a big disaster that you don’t need. By keeping the following tips in mind when searching for a good company you will be able to have peace of mind knowing that you will avoid a big disaster.
1. Thorough research – It is always a smart choice to thoroughly research more than one moving company. Get online and use any major search engine to research the companies and also check with the Better Business Bureau to learn important information about each one.
2. Free moving quotes – Get online and gather as many free quotes as you can. This will give you an idea of what each company will charge you so you can find the ones that are in your budget and eliminate the others.
3. Compare everything – You have to take time to compare everything you can for each company. Some of the different things you want to compare include:
- Extra charges
These are just a few of the things to check into. The more you compare about each company the smarter decision you can make.
4. Learn what others are saying – Take time to read reviews and testimonials to learn what others are saying about each particular moving company. This will give you a good idea of whether people like a company or if they had problems with them which are very important to know for making your final decision.
5. Interview – Take time to have an interview with each company that you are interested in. This gives you a chance to ask questions and see their moving company up front. This is very vital to making a final decision because this will allow you the best chance to see for yourself if the company is a good one or not.
6. In home moving estimate – Make sure you get an in home estimate before deciding to hire any company. Getting a free umzugsunternehmen frankfurt am main quote is important but the in home estimate is more important because this will give you a much accurate final price.
7. Your safety – You will be letting strangers into your home so you have to be sure you talk to the moving company about this to let them know that this is a priority for you. Your safety should always come first.
Now that you know these moving company tips you are more prepared to hire the right company to make your move easier. Just be sure to take your time making your decision so that problems can be avoided and your move can go as smoothly as possible.