The use of LPG has increased tremendously as people do not have any other clean source of cooking gas. No doubt, the advanced technology has made things quite easy for people like booking domestic LPG online, checking its status, etc. Even the metro cities have facilitated their residents with pipeline connections making LPG reach directly to their gas stove.
While dealing with LPG at home, you need to be cautious enough while leaving the house with a highly flammable substance at home. Whenever you go out of the house, you need to turn off the regulator to stop the gas from flowing out of the cylinder. The slightest mistake in handling LPG might turn into a loss of life and property. All said it is not to make you afraid but to be alert while using the gas for domestic or commercial purposes.
Despite getting suitable online facilities for booking LPG, you need to be wise enough to book one when it is time. Many people neglect the timely booking factor and thus, have to suffer later, arranging for emergency cylinders for cooking purposes.
You can prevent such a situation by following a few easy steps:
- Avoid last-minute ordering of domestic LPG.
- Have at least two cylinders with you so you can use them one by one.
- If you finish using one cylinder and immediately jump onto the use of the second one, you need to make sure that you order the refill of the first cylinder immediately.
- So, you can have one in spare and one in use LPG cylinder to avoid running out of cooking gas.
- It is easy to order a cylinder online with the help of a customer care number and the toll-free number of the gas agency.
- You might have to order gas cylinders frequently during the winter season, especially for a gas heater for warm water.
- Even, cooking takes a bit more time during the winter season and so the cylinder might run out in a few days as compared to other seasons.
- When you have frequent visitors at home, the use of domestic LPG turns out more.
- If you have more guests to attend to at home during the winter season, you need to keep in mind that you would run out of LPG faster this time of high cooking gas consumption. Thus, you need to book a spare cylinder beforehand.
- The gas agencies have a well-trained team to help the customers while they book the cylinder online.
- The LPG online booking facilities have an efficient team to specifically help the elder people. It is not possible for these elder people to cope with the recent technology this soon, thus they need special help and care during the online booking of LPG cylinders.
Guidelines to avoid the situation of running out of gas:
Apart from the above guidelines to avoid the situation of running out of gas, you should keep in mind a few ways to check the level of gas in the cylinder.
- Use hot water, not boiling water, to check the gas level in the cylinder.
- Fill a jug of hot water and pour it slowly on any one side of the cylinder.
- You will feel the change in the temperature where the gas is filled.
- It will turn cold due to gas inside and the area without any change means it is empty.
This is a five minutes simple process to know the gas level, in case you have missed any of the above guidelines and are not aware of the use of gas.
To conclude, make the most of the cooking gas available at your doorstep by mere SMS. Follow safety guidelines and avoid common mistakes while you are ordering the domestic lpg gas.