If you are a non-vegetarian, you must have a taste for chicken soup. You have had them in various restaurants and hotels and you have felt that warm delicious soup going down your throat and ah! So, tasty it is! Well, chicken soup is not that tough to make at home so you can try with our easy 30 minutes recipe to prepare chicken noodle soup. There are various benefits of having chicken noodle soup as there are powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties in the ingredients used.
So, let me tell you that the process of homemade chicken noodle soup is very fast and you are ready to eat within 30 minutes.
Ingredients that You Need:
- 2 ½ cups diced chicken (rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and add the onions and cook for a minute. Add a fresh tomato and cook it until it becomes soft. Then add the celery and carrots. Keep stirring them until they are soft. Now reduce the heat of the flame to low and add the garlic, parsley, poultry seasoning, fresh ground black pepper, and thyme leaves. You need to stir them constantly for 1 minute. Then add your chicken broth and bring to a boil until the mixture is just at a simmer. Add your egg noodles and cook until it is almost tender during the simmer. Add the diced rotisserie chicken and slowly keep it at a simmer until the noodles and carrots are tender. Then lower the flame and stir in the cream. Check the salt in the soup or add more according to your taste. Season soup with your favourite seasoning. If you want to thicken your soup you can mix 3-4 tablespoons flour slurry or 3 tablespoons cornstarch slurry. Your chicken noodle soup is ready to get in your tummy!
Things to Remember
- It is preferable to use rotisserie chickens as they are tender and juicy, absolutely ideal for chicken soup.
- You can use any type of egg noodles including Amish and frozen. You need to just cook them until you find them almost tender.
- If you think you are going to have leftovers then remove the portion before adding the noodles. You can refrigerate them or freeze them but the soup should be enjoyed within 2 days if refrigerated and you can freeze them for three months.
This is how you need to make a tasty yet quick chicken noodle soup for your health. Hope you have found it interesting. For more such contents, follow Assignment Writing Service and reach us. Also do not forget to take our assignment help services as we have got the best experts who are PhD holders and make excellent assignments for your colleges and universities.