Are you interested to be an essential cog in Bihar’s healthcare system? Do you ever dream to serve your society as a specialist auxiliary nurse midwife (ANM)? If yes, then the Bihar Technical Service Commission’s ANM exam will be the key to achieve your dream career.
This blog serves as your complete guide for navigating the elements of the Bihar BTSC ANM exam. We’ll delve into the exam’s core aspects, eligibility criteria, examination pattern, and vital dates, equipping you with the facts and plan to ace the examination and embark on your wonderful profession as an ANM.
ANM act as a link between societies and healthcare facilities and ensuring primary healthcare facilities, especially in remote areas. Securing an ANM role via the BTSC examination allows you to make contributions significant to Bihar’s public health infrastructure and make a tangible difference in people’s lives.
Bihar BTSC ANM Eligibility criteria:-
- Educational Qualification: Passed 10+2 with Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Age Limit: As of August 1, 2021, the minimum age is 18 years, and the maximum age is 37 years for male candidates and 40 years for female candidates.
- Domicile Requirement: Must be a permanent resident of Bihar.
Bihar BTSC ANM Exam pattern:-
It comprises two sections:
- General Knowledge and Reasoning: This section covers general awareness, current affairs, reasoning ability, and numerical ability.
- Nursing and Midwifery: This section focuses on subjects related to nursing and midwifery, including anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, community health nursing, and midwifery.
Important dates for BTSC ANM:-
Remember to keep track of these key dates for the Bihar BTSC ANM exam:
- Application Begin: August 2nd , 2022
- Last Date to Apply Online: September 1st , 2022
- Female Health Worker, ANM Last Date: October 6th , 2023
- ANM Exam Date: January 5th , 11th , and 12th , 2024
- Admit Card Available: December 30th , 2023
How to prepare for the BIHAR BTSC ANM?
Understand the syllabus and examination pattern.
First of all, before start preparation for any competitive exams as like of BIHAR BTSC ANM, is to understand the complete syllabus along with examination pattern. This will help you to be focussed and practice question solving in the same pattern that are usually asked in the exam.
Create a study plan-
Once you have found the ideal materials, you want to create a study plan. This will help you continue to remain on track and make certain that you cover all of the vital topics. Your study plan has to be practical and achievable, and it needs to encompass proper time for each reading of a new topic and revising what you have already learned.
One of the best approaches to put together for the BIHAR BTSC ANM examination is to practice answering questions regularly. You can do this by solving exercise papers and taking mock tests. There are many special exercise papers and mock tests available on the Internet and also in books.
Collect the essential study materials-
Once you comprehend what you want to study, you want to collect the essential materials. This may mean collecting books, online resources, and the previous year’s question papers. There are many extra materials accessible for the BIHAR BTSC ANM exam, so you can pick out the ones that go well with your thoughts and budget.
Focus on your weak areas-
As you start answering questions, you will perceive your weak areas. Once you are aware of your weak areas, you can focus your research on these topics. You will additionally need to get additional exercise material for these topics.
Stay up-to-date on current affairs-
The BIHAR BTSC ANM examination also asks for current affairs. Therefore, it is essential to be updated on modern events. You can use newspapers, observing information channels, and following information websites and social media pages to be updated.
Preparing for the BIHAR BTSC ANM examination can be challenging, but it is crucial to be stable and motivated.
About the syllabus of the BIHAR BTSC ANM exam
General Knowledge and Reasoning:-
- General Awareness: National and international current affairs, focusing on social, political, economic, and scientific advancements.
- Reasoning Ability: Verbal and non-verbal reasoning, analogies, syllogisms, and critical thinking.
- Numerical Ability: Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data interpretation.
Nursing and Midwifery:-
- Anatomy and Physiology: organ systems, cells, tissues, and physiological processes.
- Biochemistry: basics of biochemistry, including the study of carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- Community Health Nursing: public health principles, disease prevention, health promotion, and community-based healthcare delivery.
- Midwifery: maternal and child health, pregnancy, childbirth, newborn care, and family planning methods.
- Pharmacology: Commonly used medications, their classifications, mechanisms of action, indications, and side effects.
- Official BTSC website
- Online resources
Which books to prefer for the BIHAR BTSC ANM exam?
General Knowledge and Reasoning:
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Arihant’s Objective General English
- R.S. Aggarwal’s Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Nursing and Midwifery:
- N.C. Rout’s Essentials of Nursing and Midwifery
- Trumen’s Textbook of Midwifery
- B.D. Chatterjee’s Human Physiology
- Previous Years’ Question Papers and Mock Tests
- Online Resources
- Coaching Classes
Common mistakes to avoid in the BIHAR BTSC ANM
Not understanding the syllabus and examination pattern:
The first step to getting ready for any examination is to understand the syllabus and examination pattern.
Not managing time effectively:
Time management is very essential in any competitive exam. You must prefer to manage your time effectively, so that you can attempt all of the questions in the limited time.
Not practicing regularly:
One of the excellent methods to put together for the BIHAR BTSC ANM examination is to practice answering questions regularly. You can do this with the help of solving exercise papers and taking mock tests.
Making common mistakes:
In any competitive exam, it is crucial to be concentrated and keep away from making careless mistakes.
Not focusing on weak areas:
As you practice answering questions, you will become aware of your weak areas. Once you understand your vulnerable areas, you can focus your research on these topics.
FAQs about Bihar BTSC ANM Exam:
1. What is the selection process for the Bihar BTSC ANM exam?
The selection process is twofold:
- Written Exam: You must first qualify for the written exam by scoring the minimum cut-off set by BTSC.
- Skill Test: After passing the written exam, shortlisted candidates undergo a practical skill test to assess their nursing and midwifery abilities.
2. Am I eligible for BTSC ANM exam if I had completed my 12th from a vocational stream?
Obviously, you can apply if your stream includes Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subject.
3. What is the time frame for BTSC ANM exam?
The total time provided for the exam is 160 minutes. With 40 minutes for General Knowledge and Reasoning & 120 minutes for Nursing and Midwifery.
4. What will be the career prospects after qualifying as an ANM in Bihar?
Career positions include:
- Staff Nurses in Primary Health Centers and Community Health Centers
- Maternal and Child Health Workers
- Auxiliary nurse midwife in rural areas
- Private Clinic Assistant
- Public Health Educator
5. How many marks each section carries?
Sections carrying a maximum of 200 marks with division 40 marks for General Knowledge and Reasoning and 160 marks for Nursing and Midwifery.
Qualifying for the Bihar BTSC ANM examination is your gateway to a wonderful profession serving your community as a skilled auxiliary nurse midwife. This complete blog has equipped you with the knowledge, resources, and techniques to navigate your preparation effectively. Remember, a thorough understanding of the syllabus, strategic study materials, regular practice, and unwavering self-belief are your key factors in attaining your goals.
Avoid common mistakes, embrace valuable tips, and believe in your abilities to ace the exam. As you embark on this path, devote yourself, prepare diligently, and step into your role as a future ANM with pride and a passion for healthcare. Let’s starts your journey today!