The Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP) is a Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) beneath the Ministry of Home Affairs. It is principally accountable for guarding the Indo-Tibetan border and for ensuring protection to pilgrims going to Tibet and beyond. The ITBP is additionally deployed for anti-terrorist operations, counter-insurgency operations, and disaster relief operations. The ITBP is searching for talented and motivated individuals to be part of its ranks as Assistant Commandant (Civil Engineer).
Eligibility criteria for ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER
- Be a citizen of India.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 30 years as on the date of advertisement.
- Meet the physical and medical standards prescribed by the ITBP.
Exam pattern of ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER
The selection process for ITBP Assistant Commandant (Civil Engineer) consists of the following stages:
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency Test
The Written Examination consists of two papers:
- Paper I: General Studies
- Paper II: Civil Engineering
The Physical Efficiency Test consists of the following:
- Running: 1600 meters in 6 minutes 30 seconds.
- Chin-ups: 12.
- Long jump: 6 meters.
- 200 meters: 30 seconds.
The Interview is the final stage of the selection process. It is conducted to assess the candidate’s suitability for the post.
Important dates for ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER
- Application Opening Date: November
- Last Date to Apply Online: December
- Last Date for Fee Payment: December
- Exam Date: To be announced
- Result Declaration: To be announced
How to prepare for ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER
Understand the syllabus and examination pattern-
The first step is to recognize the syllabus and examination sample for the ITBP Assistant Commandant exam. This will help you focus your practice in the proper areas.
Collect the proper study materials-
Once you recognize the syllabus and examination pattern, you can begin accumulating the proper study materials. There are many books and online sources available to help you prepare for the ITBP Assistant Commandant exam. Choose the study materials that are most applicable to the syllabus and examination pattern.
Make a study plan-
Once you have collected the study materials, it is vital to make a study plan. This will help you remain on track and cover the whole syllabus within the stipulated time frame.
Prepare for the written examination. The written examination for the ITBP Assistant Commandant examination consists of 2 sections. Prepare for every area separately.
Prepare for the PET and PST-
The PET and PST for the ITBP Assistant Commandant examination are designed to take a look at your body’s fitness. To put together the PET and PST, you have to begin exercising regularly. You can do running, jumping, and different body activities. You can additionally be a part of a health club or health category to get assistance from an expert trainer.
Practice solving preceding year question papers-
One of the quality approaches to put together for the ITBP Assistant Commandant examination is to practice solving previous year question papers. This will help you get a sense of the examination and perceive your strengths and weaknesses.
About the syllabus of ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER exam
Paper I: General Studies
This paper will assess the candidate’s general awareness and understanding of current affairs, Indian history, geography, polity, economy, and general science. The syllabus broadly covers the following topics:
- Current Affairs: Current events of national and international importance, including social, political, economic, and scientific issues.
- Indian History: Ancient, medieval, modern, and contemporary history of India, including major historical events, personalities, and movements.
- Indian Geography: Physical and social geography of India, including natural features, climate, resources, population, and administrative divisions.
- Indian Polity: Indian Constitution, political system, governance, and contemporary political issues.
- Indian Economy: Structure of Indian economy, economic policies, planning, and current economic issues.
- General Science: Basic concepts and principles of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Environmental Science.
Paper II: Civil Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics: Laws of motion, force systems, equilibrium, work, energy, and kinematics.
- Strength of Materials: Stress, strain, elasticity, plasticity, bending, shear, torsion, and buckling.
- Structural Analysis: Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structures, beams, slabs, columns, and frames.
- Design of Steel Structures: Design of load-bearing elements in steel, including tension members, compression members, beams, and columns.
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures: Design of reinforced concrete elements, including beams, slabs, columns, footings, and retaining walls.
- Geotechnical Engineering: Soil mechanics, foundation engineering, earthwork, slope stability, and tunneling.
Which books to prefer for ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER exam
- Lucent’s General Knowledge by Manohar Pandey
- Rapid General Knowledge by Disha Publications
- Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by B.S. Sijwalii
- English Language Guide by Wren & Martin
- Essay & Precis Writing by S.K. Singh
- A Text Book of Engineering Mechanics by R.S. Khurmi
- Strength of Materials by R.S. Khurmi
- Theory of Structures by S.S. Bhavikatti
- Design of Steel Structures by S.K. Duggal
- Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete by V.N. Vazirani
- Geotechnical Engineering by B.C. Punmia
Common mistakes to avoid in ITBP ASSISTANT COMMANDANT CIVIL ENGINEER
Not understanding the directions carefully-
Before you begin answering any questions, make certain to examine the guidelines carefully. This will help you recognize the kind of question being requested and the layout of the answer required.
Not managing your time effectively-
The ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer examination is a timed exam, so it is necessary to control your time effectively. Do not spend too much time on any one question. If you are caught up on a question, mark it for assessment and pass it on.
Not trying all of the questions-
Even if you do not know the answer to a question, guess. There is no negative marking in the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer exam.
Not revising regularly-
It is important to revise generally to make sure that you are mindful of the principles and subjects that you have studied.
Not solving mock tests-
Mock checks are an extraordinary way to exercise your time-management abilities and discover any areas where you want to improve.
FAQs About ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer Exam:
What is the age limit for the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer exam?
TITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer Examhe age restriction for the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer examination is 30 years. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for reserved employees, Scheduled Castes (SC), and Scheduled Tribes (ST), and three years for Other Backward Classes (OBC).
What is the salary for the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer after exam?
This is a Gazetted Group A published with a beginning salary of Rs. 56,100/- per month.
What are the benefits of joining the ITBP as an Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer?
Joining the ITBP as an Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- A steady and secure job with regular pay and benefits.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to serve the country and make a contribution to country wide security.
- A dynamic and difficult work environment.
What is the course requirement for the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer exam?
Must Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
What are the career prospects for the ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer?
The ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer has a promising profession with chances for promotion, advancement, and specialization. They can additionally apply for higher-level posts inside the ITBP or in different organizations..
The ITBP Assistant Commandant Civil Engineer examination is a competitive entrance examination that assesses candidates’ knowledge and skills in Civil Engineering and General Studies. To be successful in this exam, it is integral to fully understand the syllabus, exercise solving problems regularly, and maintain a nice healthy focussed mindset. By avoiding off frequent errors and following the preparation strategies outlined in this blog, you can appreciably enhance your chances of attaining a high score and securing this coveted position in the Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force.