If you are wondering about the full form of CDS, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will explain what CDS stands for and provide some context around its usage.
What is CDS?
Table of Contents
CDS is an acronym that has multiple meanings depending on the context. Here are some of the most common uses of the term CDS:
- Credit Default Swap: CDS stands for “Credit Default Swap” in the world of finance. A credit default swap is a financial contract in which one party pays another party a premium in exchange for protection against the default of a third party. In simpler terms, it is a type of insurance against the risk of a borrower defaulting on their debt obligations.
- Combined Defence Services: In the military world, CDS stands for “Combined Defence Services”. The Combined Defence Services (CDS) is an exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment into the Indian Armed Forces, including the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force.
- Chromosome Deficiency Syndrome: CDS can also refer to “Chromosome Deficiency Syndrome”, which is a rare genetic disorder that affects the development of various organs and systems in the body.
- Compact Disc Single: In the context of music, CDS stands for “Compact Disc Single”, which is a type of audio CD that contains a single song or a small number of tracks.
- Core Data Services: CDS also stands for “Core Data Services” in the world of SAP programming. Core Data Services is a framework used to create and consume semantically rich data models in SAP HANA.
As you can see, the term CDS has multiple meanings depending on the context. It can refer to a financial contract, a military exam, a genetic disorder, a type of audio CD, or a programming framework. So, the next time you come across the term CDS, make sure you understand the context in which it is being used.